[SOLVED] 4 or 4.7ghz

ntragas10

Prominent
Oct 20, 2018
I have an overclocked Intel 2500k processor .
at bios Multiplier i have set x36 on normal mode and x40 at boost.
I noticed in cpu-z that the cpu speed is at 4ghz but in task manager i see it running at 4.7 to 4.9 ghz depending on load. Which is the correct cpu speed? Should i be worried :D ?

Solution
I noticed in cpu-z that the cpu speed is at 4ghz but in task manager i see it running at 4.7 to 4.9 ghz depending on load. Which is the correct cpu speed? Should i be worried :D ?

CPU-Z is a pretty solid app...I'd be surprised if it was wrong...Windows on the other hand is often wrong about hardware.

ntragas10

Prominent
Oct 20, 2018
It doesnt blue screen, but i was going to scale it up to 4.5 ghz and i am worried if the task manager is coorect i dont want to push it anymore if it is already a 4.7... I believe that the task manager is wrong because i dont see how the cpu can boost so much by itself.

CPU-Z is a pretty solid app...I'd be surprised if it was wrong...Windows on the other hand is often wrong about hardware.

Solution