Question 4-pin cpu power connector hindering performance?

Jul 25, 2019
I currently am running an I5 7400, and my motherboard has a 4-pin power plug on it for the cpu, could that be why I am bottlenecking my gtx 1060 3gb? Thanks in advance.

I think that the i5 7400 should run fine with the GTX 1060.
You are seeing the GTX 1060 being held back by the i5?
With what are you seeing this with?

....as far as the 4 pin plug....it should not hold you back if it's connected.....why do you think it's holding you back?

Jul 25, 2019
I think that the i5 7400 should run fine with the GTX 1060.
You are seeing the GTX 1060 being held back by the i5?
With what are you seeing this with?

....as far as the 4 pin plug....it should not hold you back if it's connected.....why do you think it's holding you back?

The reason I think it's holding it back, is that when I get onto alot of games, and put on ultra graphics settings, just to see where things sit, my CPU usage will be 100% but my GPU usage has very rarely gone past 80%, idk what it is, I get a solid 60 frames on about everything I own at medium settings so I'm not terribly concerned about it, it just has me stumped.

The reason I think it's holding it back, is that when I get onto alot of games, and put on ultra graphics settings, just to see where things sit, my CPU usage will be 100% but my GPU usage has very rarely gone past 80%, idk what it is, I get a solid 60 frames on about everything I own at medium settings so I'm not terribly concerned about it, it just has me stumped.
I think that that CPU has it's hands full with a 1060.....and I wouldn't be surprised with 60-80% or so....and maybe 100% in certain cases......so maybe that's just how it is.

Reactions: argrius.tt