Question 4-pin fan connector

May 23, 2023
Ok, so I bought Thunder Armour Case which came with 4 pre-installed ARGB fans which are compatible with Mobo Sync...

My Motherboard didn't have any argb connectors and I can't afford an ARGB controller either so I made my own Arduino Corsair Lighting Node Core which works completely fine. It's got 6 3-pin channel I could add any ARGB device and control using Corsair software.

Fans I got had 4-pin PWM connector. I thought there would be another connector and in search of it I ended up making a loss, keeping it aside these 4 Fans are connected using Male-Female PWN 4PIN connector and at the end rear fan's connector also attaches to SATA power and also provide 1 ARGB Connector 3PIN with 2 wires connected to it, I believe that connector works but I wanna induvidually control my fans argb by connecting them to my Controller I made but I cant plug PWM connectors in it. Is there something like a cheap PWM AND ARGB splitter I could use to split both so I could buy a PWM hub connect it to the SYS_FAN connector and ARGB connectors a side ?

I hope you understand my situation

Ok, so I bought Thunder Armour Case which came with 4 pre-installed ARGB fans which are compatible with Mobo Sync...

My Motherboard didn't have any argb connectors and I can't afford an ARGB controller either so I made my own Arduino Corsair Lighting Node Core which works completely fine. It's got 6 3-pin channel I could add any ARGB device and control using Corsair software.

Fans I got had 4-pin PWM connector. I thought there would be another connector and in search of it I ended up making a loss, keeping it aside these 4 Fans are connected using Male-Female PWN 4PIN connector and at the end rear fan's connector also attaches to SATA power and also provide 1 ARGB Connector 3PIN with 2 wires connected to it, I believe that connector works but I wanna induvidually control my fans argb by connecting them to my Controller I made but I cant plug PWM connectors in it. Is there something like a cheap PWM AND ARGB splitter I could use to split both so I could buy a PWM hub connect it to the SYS_FAN connector and ARGB connectors a side ?

I hope you understand my situation
Yes there are PWM splitters and passive hubs, they can connect all fans attached to it to one header on the MB, just got watch that amperage of all fans doesn't go over 1A which is usal limit of fan headers on the MB.
For more than total of 1A in fans, you need a powered hub that is powered by ;olex or SATA powered connection from PSU but controlled by MB header.

Reactions: chronometric
May 23, 2023
Yes there are PWM splitters and passive hubs, they can connect all fans attached to it to one header on the MB, just got watch that amperage of all fans doesn't go over 1A which is usal limit of fan headers on the MB.
For more than total of 1A in fans, you need a powered hub that is powered by ;olex or SATA powered connection from PSU but controlled by MB header.
i really dont wanna control or care about PWM i just need individually controlled ARGB, how do i get that off PWM header

i really dont wanna control or care about PWM i just need individually controlled ARGB, how do i get that off PWM header
You don't, PWM is just for fan motors to control the speed. it doesn't control lights.
For lights on fans you need appropriate RGB or ARGB controller. If there's none on MB you need a stand alone one with own controls or controlled thru USB connection to MB.

May 23, 2023
You don't, PWM is just for fan motors to control the speed. it doesn't control lights.
For lights on fans you need appropriate RGB or ARGB controller. If there's none on MB you need a stand alone one with own controls or controlled thru USB connection to MB.
Ya i have the aRGB controller which takes 3Pin connector whereas I got 4Pin PWM connector coming from the fan and no other aRGB or other connections are coming from the fans so what connector am i supposed to plug in

TRENDING THREADS