Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2020
Hi, my name is Matthew and I recently purchased an Asus am4 x570 plus motherboard. As I was installing it, I ran into a problem with the 8-pin connector. The motherboard has an 8 pin along with a 4 pin connector right beside it. However, my PSU only has an 8 pin. Is it fine if I only plug in the 8 pin that I have and just leave the 4 pin empty?
A%20Prime%20X570-P_2D.jpg

Solution
Welcome to the Forums :D

in the manual page 1-15
" DO NOT connect the 4-pin power plug only, the motherboard may overheat under heavy usage.• Ensure to connect the 8-pin power plug, or both the 8-pin and 4-pin power plugs. "

you need at least the 8-pin to run, you NEED the 8-pin and the 4-pin to overclock. it fine but keep the CPU at stock, you can use the XMP or OCP to OC the RAM, just not the CPU cores.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome to the Forums :D

in the manual page 1-15
" DO NOT connect the 4-pin power plug only, the motherboard may overheat under heavy usage.• Ensure to connect the 8-pin power plug, or both the 8-pin and 4-pin power plugs. "

you need at least the 8-pin to run, you NEED the 8-pin and the 4-pin to overclock. it fine but keep the CPU at stock, you can use the XMP or OCP to OC the RAM, just not the CPU cores.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.