[SOLVED] 4 RAM sticks wont start with XMP

Jan 27, 2021
So my brother gave me a set of 8x2 gb ram sticks 3200mhz and i already have a pair at the same speed and gb but just different brands so i put them into the pc but i cant run it with XMP on but when theres only 2 sticks in i can and when i have 4 sticks without xmp it works at 2133 mhz but with XMP on it just reboots all the time

is it cus they are different brands or what?

Solution
Hello and welcome

Even when it's the same brand/speed/size etc this can give you problems, the likelyhood diminishes by using same brand/type etc
this is the reason ram comes in "kits", when manufactered they are tailored to one another so that they can work in perfect unison

The ram will work with one another, but any form of oc will be problematic as xmp is an oc, this is also affected

tl:dr: they will work at stock, any form of oc is a gamble, and by the looks of it you lost that gamble :)
Hello and welcome

Even when it's the same brand/speed/size etc this can give you problems, the likelyhood diminishes by using same brand/type etc
this is the reason ram comes in "kits", when manufactered they are tailored to one another so that they can work in perfect unison

The ram will work with one another, but any form of oc will be problematic as xmp is an oc, this is also affected

tl:dr: they will work at stock, any form of oc is a gamble, and by the looks of it you lost that gamble :)

Solution
Jan 27, 2021
Hello and welcome

is it worth to run 32gb of ram with 2133mhz or just run 16gb with 3200mhz instead?

Endre

Reputable
So my brother gave me a set of 8x2 gb ram sticks 3200mhz and i already have a pair at the same speed and gb but just different brands so i put them into the pc but i cant run it with XMP on but when theres only 2 sticks in i can and when i have 4 sticks without xmp it works at 2133 mhz but with XMP on it just reboots all the time

That is absolutely normal!
In order for you to be sure that your memory will run at those advertized speeds, you’ll need to buy a kit of 4 modules.

Endre

Reputable

That is absolutely normal!
In order for you to be sure that your memory will run at those advertized speeds, you’ll need to buy a kit of 4 modules.

TRENDING THREADS