[SOLVED] 4 sticks of RAM won't work

Dec 20, 2018
Hi guys, I'm having problems with my RAM, i has 2x8gb DDR4 2400mhz and want to upgrade to 4x8gb DDR4 2400mhz for work purposes (3d stuff). I changed my MOBO and buy another 2x HyperX fury 8gb 2400mhz, same brand, same speed, same voltage, same part number.
It work well with A1-B1, A1-A2, A2-B2 and B1-B2.
I updated to the last bios.

My configuration:
-AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
-Asus Prime B450m gaming/br
-Font ATX Thermaltake 600W Smart Series 80 Plus
-Galax Geforce GTX 1080 EXOC 8GB DDR5X
-4x Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 CL15 Black - HX424C15FB2/8
-WaterCooler CoolerMaster Masterliquid Lite 120V
-ssd kingston 240gb
- hdd toshiba 750gb

My pc turns all the lights and fans but i don't get video.

Sorry for my english.

Solution

due to the new design of ryzen cpu (especially when you have a 1000 series ryzen, their IMC isn't particular strong).
you often finds issues running 4 sticks of memory on first gen ryzen.
if that gives you too much trouble, I would suggest return or resale your asus mb and get a mid range msi mb (something higher than a mid range one) the b450 tomahawk. the 2nd gen msi boards has excellent memory support.

sure it's pricy (100ish for a new motherboard) but that might worth a shot.

Mixing and matching RAM does not always work. Even if it is the same model. This is why RAM is sold in kits as they are tested to work with each other. Ram is very finicky.

I would each stick of RAM, one at a time, in each DIMM to see if they all boot or if you have a bad stick. But if they all work, but they dont work together, then you will need to get a new kit.

4 sticks of ram maybe a bit too much if you are running ryzen, you will need to go into uefi and turn off xmp if you have any, turn everything to auto and see if you could boot into the system. also you might want to experiment with increasing the SoC voltage by a increment of 0.05V. I been told that try not to exceed 1.15v (check if your manuals mentions any "safe" range regarding SoC voltage.

were you able to get it stable running at 2133?
is 1.21 memory voltage or soc voltage? 1.2 might be a bit high for soc. but fine for memory.

due to the new design of ryzen cpu (especially when you have a 1000 series ryzen, their IMC isn't particular strong).
you often finds issues running 4 sticks of memory on first gen ryzen.
if that gives you too much trouble, I would suggest return or resale your asus mb and get a mid range msi mb (something higher than a mid range one) the b450 tomahawk. the 2nd gen msi boards has excellent memory support.

sure it's pricy (100ish for a new motherboard) but that might worth a shot.

Solution
Dec 20, 2018
Zyh1987, i dropped to 1866 and worked!! :D
Thanks Kerberos 20 too.

Now I'm running the Windows memory diagnosis.

No problem untill now.
But is there any relevant difference between 1866 and 2400?
In 3d stuffs, photoshop, etc.
I know that in games it doesn't really matter.

And the last thing, it is better to resale the mobo and buying tomahawk, or upgrade to an 2700?

Thanks in advance.

new cpu and mobo do offer a stronger memory solution.
Both the hardware and cpu had some rework to support higher ram frequency when running four dimm.

The b350/x370 has a official cap at 1866 when running 4 dimm. Since a child company from asus was designing the chipset. I’d say asus board closely adheres to this limitation. Other vendor many use other ways to work around the limitation.