40-50% CPU usage with nothing running?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cpfc

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Wondered if any of you could help me solve this problem. Basically, I noticed my CPU temps rising recently when idle. I looked in my task manager and it says that my CPU usage is at 45% which is shouldn't be when I have nothing open. I don't remember it being like that before. I ran a virus scan with MalwareBytes Antimalware program and it removed 4 trojans but yet my CPU usage is still the same.
Is there anything I can do to fix this problem that doesn't involve reinstalling windows? I checked my processes and didn't notice anything acting out except for maybe a svchost.exe using up a bit more than it would normally.

http://gyazo.com/f107d196ad551f62705067e48f62797a
This is a picture of my performance tab in task manager. If I need to I will post my processes tab as well.

Thanks!

cpfc

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Well thanks everyone that commented. It's still shown as being high in task manager but in resource monitor its shown as being around 3%. Temperatures have gone down as well so I'm not sure whats happening in task manager but I'm happy with it now. Clearing out all the services sped things up as well. Even though I only had 4 programs in my startup folder I had a lot of background services running!

cpfc

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Finally the problem is solved. I ran another scan with AVG and it found another trojan. After removing this file my CPU usage went down to 3-4% when idle.