Question 40-pin video connector to HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanon

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone!
I hope I am posting this in the right forum (if otherwise please tell me which is the right one!).

Can you tell me please, is it possible to convert (is there an adapter) a laptop's HDMI output to a 40-pin input?
My laptop's screen broke (connects with a 40-pin connector), and I wanted to buy an identical replacement, but it seems it's to old to be in stock anywhere (laptop from 2012). I think (I don't know) that a different laptop screen won't work with the laptop (even same model with different resolution as sellers say).

A portable screen came to mind but they are too expenssive.

So I thought, maybe a laptop screen as an "exernal screen" might work. They are cheaper. If it will get it's input (laptop's output) from the HDMI port of the laptop (or even USB as some portable screens connect), and not from the original 40-pin connector, maybe it will work.

Can anybody give me an advice?
Thank you!

Rom

romanon

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
does the laptop not have a video out port, VGA or HDMI or DVI?

Thanks for the reply getochkn!

It does have, this is what I want to "adapt" to a 40-pin input. I don't want to use an exernal monitor (with HD input port) as I want the laptop to be portable. So I want to use an exernal laptop screen, but which has a 40-pin input port (I think I need to connect it to the laptop with an HD cable, not through the regular motherboard connection, because it won't be a compatible screen as I can't find the compatible model for sale online)

Status
Not open for further replies.