Question 400W power supply and rx 570

Oct 27, 2019
Hey guys, Im really stressed out because my gpu fans wont spin and some people say it might be because my power supply is only 400W and doesnt give enough power to 'spin the fans', but the gpu does light up and is being recognized and everything. I have a 400w be quiet! 80+ gold power supply combined with my rx 570 4gb gigabyte. All I want is just confirmation that the problem lies within the gpu and not the power supply. Since I bought the gpu 2nd hand from a tech site which I have returned to them so they can test if the fans really dont spin. the rest of my pc on the other hand completely works fine, cpu, HDD, motherboard and all that stuff. I found out about this when my pc randomly turned itself off. I looked my gpu up and I read that the rx 570 has a passive cooling mode so I played some games but my pc still turned off. I downloaded several programs and nothing worked and all the cables are connected. I returned the gpu to them and I hope I just get a new one, but I havent got a response yet since I returned it today. Though, I just want to know that its not because of my power supply.

Oct 27, 2019
intel xeon e3 1270 , your cpu only has 65 w tdp so you shouldnt draw more than max 300 w on load.
the fans shoud go on when it goes over 50 c.
well the fans dont go even if its 70C,I checked on multiple programs and even used msi afterburner to make it spin without the 50c spinning thing. I think the problem lies in the gpu then, thats why I returned it but I just wanted to make sure it wasnt something with my pc.

TRENDING THREADS