403 - Unauthorized access when checking PM, can't reply

sven_rosencrans

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
I've noticed for a while that whenever I try to view my notifications that I receive a "403 - Unauthorized access" message.

I thought it was an intermittent issue so I waited but I noticed it's still an issue I see. I've reset my password. I've reviewed similar posts but I don't see that I'm banned and I have several Posts already so I can't see that it is related. I'm not using a VPN, my ISP is Google Fiber if that helps.

I cannot view private messages or reply to threads. How can I resolve this matter.

Solution
Just so I'm clear, is this an issue with viewing PMs, replying to PMs, replying to threads, some combination of these, or all of it?

In either case, please get a screenshot of this error next time you encounter it. Be sure to get the page URL in there. Additionally, if you can take down your IP address at the time of seeing this error, it would really help. Once you've got all that, send it all in an email to community@tomshardware.com. I'll get this looked into.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Just so I'm clear, is this an issue with viewing PMs, replying to PMs, replying to threads, some combination of these, or all of it?

In either case, please get a screenshot of this error next time you encounter it. Be sure to get the page URL in there. Additionally, if you can take down your IP address at the time of seeing this error, it would really help. Once you've got all that, send it all in an email to community@tomshardware.com. I'll get this looked into.

Solution