[SOLVED] 40c-43c temp in samsung early SSD and weird behaviour

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Due to summer season my early samsung ssd (250GB) reaches and stays to 40c'ish, I say early because I imagine its not the latest build,version or model, this temperature is ok? I use this daily as in my computer OS installed on it, as for the weird behaviour, I previously did set up a sound alarm in msi afterburner when the ssd reach above 45c, during the day basically doing anything from video watching to gaming, sometimes I hear suddenly this alarm from msi afterburner which means SSD suddenly jumps to above 45c and then suddenly belows it, is this normal? (I have 16GB ram so it is not a pagefile thing?)

Thank you in advance,

Solution
40°C~45°C is not that alarming, but maybe you could improve the situation.

How did you install your SSD in the case?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
40°C~45°C is not that alarming, but maybe you could improve the situation.

How did you install your SSD in the case?

I just simply did put out a home fan front of the pc case and SSD and other disks quickly cool down and temperatures lowered, consider this thread is solved, I'm going to mark your reply as answer to apply with the forums rules or perhaps a moderator can mark this as answer,

sorry I just kinda panicked with that temp,

Reactions: lvt

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Why would you care your SSD is 40C? That is well below the thermal limits? SSD's run fine at that temp.

I see more panic threads on normal temps here its crazy.

Thermal temps can easily be googled quicker than posting here, yet we see dozens and dozens of these threads monthly. Just kinda odd to me.