40G ssd: 12.7g of *Something*

rustyd79

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Hi,

In the beginning...

I had my rig set up as to use a 40g Intel SSD set up as Raid 0 with Intel Smart Response Technology via my Gigabyte Z68 board.

Long story short, I screwed it up months ago by loading optimized defaults in bios (for another issue) then reinstalling win7 without 1st setting it up for raid.
So, I started using the ssd for a pagefile as suggested by the gurus here. Worked great! Then I had heat issues.

Liquid cooler died. Sent it back to cyberpower for warranty repair. Got it back and now I have a 40g ssd, with 12.7g on it that I can't see and I do Not believe it's being used for my pagefiles. Could be old pagefiles? I can't tell...

How can I check the ssd to see what's there before I try to either wipe it or make it a pagefile again? Tried dos, and I see a $RECYCLE BIN and 2 other folders with random numbers as names but i can't see dates. But 12.7g on a 40g is a lot of stuff!

Thanks in advance! You guys are always helpful!

Solution
Are you able to view system files? If you haven't stored any data on the drive, and you've formatted (your primary drive) since last using it, what could you possibly lose by formatting it?