[40K] Fantasy Armoured Company... a game for eveyone :)

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

OK.........

Using the IG AC list in WD (!!!!!)

You have all 17 slots to fill on the organisation chart (your opponent has a
similar sized force)

What would you take ?????

(yes, yes.......I can't decide yet despite 3 days at a gaming convention
eating too much eye candy)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

"Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
message news:utv%d.105627$Bk7.75225@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> OK.........
>
> Using the IG AC list in WD (!!!!!)
>
> You have all 17 slots to fill on the organisation chart (your opponent has
> a similar sized force)
>
> What would you take ?????

I'd take 17 baneblades.


--

-smithdoerr
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

smithdoerr wrote on Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:02:29 +0100:

>
> "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
> message news:utv%d.105627$Bk7.75225@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> OK.........
>>
>> Using the IG AC list in WD (!!!!!)
>>
>> You have all 17 slots to fill on the organisation chart (your opponent
>> has a similar sized force)
>>
>> What would you take ?????
>
> I'd take 17 baneblades.

Evil, but that's 5 and 2/3 FOC charts, isn't it? :p

Dan
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

"smithdoerr" <askmeforname@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3a860bF68na9sU1@individual.net...
>
> "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
> message news:utv%d.105627$Bk7.75225@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> OK.........
>>
>> Using the IG AC list in WD (!!!!!)
>>
>> You have all 17 slots to fill on the organisation chart (your opponent
>> has a similar sized force)
>>
>> What would you take ?????
>
> I'd take 17 baneblades.
>
>
I'd take 2 Leman Russ as HQ (one with hull lascannon, one with hull heavy
bolter, both with smoke launchers)

I'd take 3 Leman russ as Elites (2 with hull lascannon, one with hull heavy
bolter, all with smoke)

I'd take 6 Leman Russ as troops (3 with hull LC, 3 with hull HB, all with
smoke)

I'd take 3 Armored Fist Squad as Fast Attack (all with Autogun & meltagun,
Chimera with multilaser & hull heavy flamer, extra armor, smoke, RTM, track
guards)

I'd take 3 Leman Russ Demolisher's as Heavy Support (all with hull LC, Extra
Armor & smoke)

But that's just me and that's roughly 3200 points (3000 if you only take 2
armored fist)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
> Using the IG AC list in WD (!!!!!)
>
> You have all 17 slots to fill on the organisation chart (your opponent has a
> similar sized force)

Also, I note that 17 slots is much more in points than RTT / GT standard
of 1850, for which 12-15 tanks are sufficent.

> What would you take ?????

I'm going to assume the IG AC is for general play, not AC vs AC combat,
which would be excessively narrow and rare. My IG AC core, for which I
already own the models, is as follows:

HQ:
Leman Russ w/ Anti-Tank rounds (BS4!)

Elite:
Ace in Exterminator w/ 3HBs, PMHS (BS4!).

Troops:
3 Leman Russes (ranged fire support).

Fast:
2 Hellhounds w/ PMHS.

Heavy:
3 Demolishers.

I am about halfway built, and have the following additional completed:

Inq. Land Raider,
18 Stormtroopers,
Chimera,
Griffon,
Basilisk.

By default, I will attach Inq Storms to bulk up the Troops count.


--
--- John Hwang "JohnHwang...@cs.com.no.com"
\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
| Horned Blood Cross Terror LED Speed Jagd Destiny
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

"Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3a87ufF6923vdU1@individual.net...
> smithdoerr wrote on Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:02:29 +0100:
>
>>
>> "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:utv%d.105627$Bk7.75225@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>> OK.........
>>>
>>> Using the IG AC list in WD (!!!!!)
>>>
>>> You have all 17 slots to fill on the organisation chart (your opponent
>>> has a similar sized force)
>>>
>>> What would you take ?????
>>
>> I'd take 17 baneblades.
>
> Evil, but that's 5 and 2/3 FOC charts, isn't it? :p

Is it? I thought it was just one FOC using the new special Chapter Approved
All-Baneblade Mega-Company AC army list but I can't seem to find it on the
GW website at the moment so I'm not sure. It's in the same section as the
Eldar All-Wraithlord list.


--

-smithdoerr
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

smithdoerr wrote on Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:00:13 +0100:

>
> "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message news:3a87ufF6923vdU1@individual.net...
>> smithdoerr wrote on Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:02:29 +0100:
>>
>>> "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote
>>> in
>>> message news:utv%d.105627$Bk7.75225@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>>> OK.........
>>>>
>>>> Using the IG AC list in WD (!!!!!)
>>>>
>>>> You have all 17 slots to fill on the organisation chart (your opponent
>>>> has a similar sized force)
>>>>
>>>> What would you take ?????
>>>
>>> I'd take 17 baneblades.
>>
>> Evil, but that's 5 and 2/3 FOC charts, isn't it? :p
>
> Is it? I thought it was just one FOC using the new special Chapter
> Approved All-Baneblade Mega-Company AC army list but I can't seem to find
> it on the GW website at the moment so I'm not sure. It's in the same
> section as the Eldar All-Wraithlord list.

Ah, that'll be under the section that's only accessible to under 13s then.

Dan
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

Craig Little wrote:
> "smithdoerr" <askmeforname@hotmail.com> wrote ...
>>"Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote ...

>>>What would you take ?????
>>
>>I'd take 17 baneblades.
>
> I'd take 2 Leman Russ as HQ (one with hull lascannon, one with hull heavy
> bolter, both with smoke launchers)

Hmm... I don't like spending the extra points for Lascannon, as S8
Ordnance is just as hard as basic S9, while missing less.

Tho thinking about it, HQ w/ hull Lascannon & AT shells is a *great*
combo that can be fired together from a stationary position.

I don't get your 2nd Tank HQ, as that's 100 points that can probably be
better used elsewhere.

> I'd take 3 Leman russ as Elites (2 with hull lascannon, one with hull heavy
> bolter, all with smoke)

I can understand these for the extra Russes, but why no Exterminators to
leverage the BS4?

> I'd take 6 Leman Russ as troops (3 with hull LC, 3 with hull HB, all with
> smoke)

The LCs here, on BS3 units makes very little sense.

> I'd take 3 Armored Fist Squad as Fast Attack (all with Autogun & meltagun,
> Chimera with multilaser & hull heavy flamer, extra armor, smoke, RTM, track
> guards)

RTM & TG seem like a lot of unnecessary points.

No PMSB/HS to go w/ the Multilaser?

> I'd take 3 Leman Russ Demolisher's as Heavy Support (all with hull LC, Extra
> Armor & smoke)

Of course, as with the above, tho I think the extra points LC is
unnecessary, moreso on a Demolisher than anything else. The Demolisher
is a move-and-fire gun, and besides, it's not like S9+1d6 will *ever*
beat S10+Hi/2d6 Ordnance, much less with a to-hit roll attached.


--
--- John Hwang "JohnHwang...@cs.com.no.com"
\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
| Horned Blood Cross Terror LED Speed Jagd Destiny
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

"John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
news:xRO%d.19264$oa6.8719@trnddc07...
> Craig Little wrote:
>> "smithdoerr" <askmeforname@hotmail.com> wrote ...
>>>"Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote
>>>...
>
>>>>What would you take ?????
>>>
>>>I'd take 17 baneblades.
>>
>> I'd take 2 Leman Russ as HQ (one with hull lascannon, one with hull heavy
>> bolter, both with smoke launchers)
>
> Hmm... I don't like spending the extra points for Lascannon, as S8
> Ordnance is just as hard as basic S9, while missing less.
>
> Tho thinking about it, HQ w/ hull Lascannon & AT shells is a *great* combo
> that can be fired together from a stationary position.
>
> I don't get your 2nd Tank HQ, as that's 100 points that can probably be
> better used elsewhere.
>
>> I'd take 3 Leman russ as Elites (2 with hull lascannon, one with hull
>> heavy bolter, all with smoke)
>
> I can understand these for the extra Russes, but why no Exterminators to
> leverage the BS4?
>
>> I'd take 6 Leman Russ as troops (3 with hull LC, 3 with hull HB, all with
>> smoke)
>
> The LCs here, on BS3 units makes very little sense.
>
>> I'd take 3 Armored Fist Squad as Fast Attack (all with Autogun &
>> meltagun, Chimera with multilaser & hull heavy flamer, extra armor,
>> smoke, RTM, track guards)
>
> RTM & TG seem like a lot of unnecessary points.
>
> No PMSB/HS to go w/ the Multilaser?
>
>> I'd take 3 Leman Russ Demolisher's as Heavy Support (all with hull LC,
>> Extra Armor & smoke)
>
> Of course, as with the above, tho I think the extra points LC is
> unnecessary, moreso on a Demolisher than anything else. The Demolisher is
> a move-and-fire gun, and besides, it's not like S9+1d6 will *ever* beat
> S10+Hi/2d6 Ordnance, much less with a to-hit roll attached.
>
>
I'm just hedging about 'Weapon destroyed type stuff' but for most part it
was a fantasy list and done in <2minutes.