[40K] IG - Whats best as a base line unit for an AC ????

OK......

I have not had much chance to REALLY go over the rules but as a Heavy
Support 'tank killer' option do you lot think I should go with the Basilisk
or Destroyer for a 3-vehicle section ????

Thanks in advance

Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
> I have not had much chance to REALLY go over the rules but as a Heavy
> Support 'tank killer' option do you lot think I should go with the
> Basilisk or Destroyer for a 3-vehicle section ????

Neither. You can take standard Leman Russes for your Troops picks,
which are clearly more efficient than either of your alternatives.

Destroyers miss 1/2 the time, lose the large template, and cost more.

Basilisks are only AV12, which is not worth the range increase, given
that most boards are only 48" across.

Instead, you should take a trio of Demolishers, which carry S10 AP2
Ordnance. With a few basic Russes providing fire support, everything
fires quite well against other tanks due to the Ordnance rules.

\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.

Err............

let me put this into perspective. I am looking for 3 HS slotshaving filled
all the others... the 2 HQ, 6 Troop, 3 Elites and 3 Fast Attack

Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
> let me put this into perspective. I am looking for 3 HS slotshaving filled
> all the others... the 2 HQ, 6 Troop, 3 Elites and 3 Fast Attack

Understood. I'd still want at least 1 of the Demolishers, simply
because it carries the biggest gun in the game.

> Oh and I have an 8 x 7 table

Even with such a large table, I don't think you really need the extra
range of a Basilisk. Indirect fire, perhaps. But the 6' range of the
standard Russ is more than enough for normal play.

Tho I think 7' is a bit excessive and will bias pretty strongly against
non-Transport assault units.

\-|-/