[40k] master-crafted CCWs

What's the difference between a "normal" close combat weapon
and a "master-crafted" one?

If you wonder why I ask: I only own Inquisitor but I've seen
things like "Master-crafted Power Sword" in W40K army lists
on the web. I would like to integrate these things into my game
so I would be grateful if you could tell what's so special about
them.

copx

Badger

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002

"copx" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
> What's the difference between a "normal" close combat weapon
> and a "master-crafted" one?
>
> If you wonder why I ask: I only own Inquisitor but I've seen
> things like "Master-crafted Power Sword" in W40K army lists
> on the web. I would like to integrate these things into my game
> so I would be grateful if you could tell what's so special about
> them.
>
> copx

Msster crafting a weapon allows to re-roll one to-hit dice with it a turn.

It represents weapons of exceptional quality, exotic scopes, that sort of
thing.

--
Badger

"Badger" <r.j.pike@ntlworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "copx" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> What's the difference between a "normal" close combat weapon
>> and a "master-crafted" one?
[snip]
> Msster crafting a weapon allows to re-roll one to-hit dice with it a turn.
>
> It represents weapons of exceptional quality, exotic scopes, that sort of
> thing.

Thanks!

copx

copx wrote:
> What's the difference between a "normal" close combat weapon
> and a "master-crafted" one?

Re-rolling a failed to-hit roll each turn.

I don't think I've ever seen a MC CCW as such, as it's worth more on
power weapons, etc.

\-|-/

"John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
> copx wrote:
>> What's the difference between a "normal" close combat weapon
>> and a "master-crafted" one?
>
> Re-rolling a failed to-hit roll each turn.
>
> I don't think I've ever seen a MC CCW as such

there used to be a couple of marine characters with master-crafted
chainswords in the old codices.

Yep I have a sergeant with Chainsword fitted with telescopic scope :) :) :)

Some kid tried to master-craft spiky bits... I guess they were *really*
sharp...

--Chris

Like everyone else said, it allows you to re-roll one failed to-hit
roll every turn.

To model it, just make it look spangly add a scope to a shooting
weapon, maybe swap out the clip for a drum or dangling feed, or just
paint the casing gold. For close combat weapons just look at a bits
catalog and swap it out for something kewl, maybe paint the casing a
special color. For power weapons, try the swords from Mephiston,
Abaddon or even Azrael.

--Chris

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:22:16 +0000, John Hwang wrote:

> I don't think I've ever seen a MC CCW as such, as it's worth more on
> power weapons, etc.

On a chaos lord with deamonic stature, perhaps?

--
should you wish, you can send email to the DisgruntledPawn
via the ever popular gmail domain