[40K]More new marine parts

I just an assault squad box today, one of the ones with the updated sprues
in. This one is quite good.

The squad is now on 3 sprues, and there are several extra bits. The extra
bits are a mk.5 shoulderpad like the one on the tactical sprue, 2 new heads,
a Storm Shield (left-handed), 1 power sword (right-handed), 1 power
axe(right-handed), 1 powerfist (right-handed), 5 normal torsos and 5 normal
backpacks. The normal torsos and backpacks are there so you can do an
assault squad without jump packs.

The new heads are nice. 1 is a helmeted head with a winged skull on the
forehead and an aerial thing on the side of its head like marine bikers
have. The other is a bare head that is shouting, and has a bionic right
eye.

Rob

"Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> I just an assault squad box today, one of the ones with the updated sprues
> in. This one is quite good.

These out in the shops yet? No mention of them on the web store?

> The squad is now on 3 sprues, and there are several extra bits. The extra
> bits are a mk.5 shoulderpad like the one on the tactical sprue, 2 new heads,
> a Storm Shield (left-handed), 1 power sword (right-handed), 1 power
> axe(right-handed), 1 powerfist (right-handed), 5 normal torsos and 5 normal
> backpacks. The normal torsos and backpacks are there so you can do an
> assault squad without jump packs.
>
> The new heads are nice. 1 is a helmeted head with a winged skull on the
> forehead and an aerial thing on the side of its head like marine bikers
> have. The other is a bare head that is shouting, and has a bionic right
> eye.

Saw the pics on dakka last week - they look good.

--
Michael Dales

"Michael Dales" <mwd24@thompson.cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
> "Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
>
>> I just an assault squad box today, one of the ones with the updated
>> sprues
>> in. This one is quite good.
>
> These out in the shops yet? No mention of them on the web store?

In most countries. Not in the UK though. They have loads of the new ones
ready in their warehouse in nottingham, but they are waiting to use up all
the old stocks of Tactical, Assault and Devastator squads up before they
release the new ones. However, I phoned MO up and with some complaining and
harrasment managed to get them to send me one of the updated assault sets
:)

The new sets should be in UK shops in the next couple of months though, as
the old sets disappear.

Rob

In article <d3rcvv$g7$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>, Robert Williams,
mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

> "Michael Dales" <mwd24@thompson.cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
> > "Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
> >
> >> I just an assault squad box today, one of the ones with the updated
> >> sprues
> >> in. This one is quite good.
> >
> > These out in the shops yet? No mention of them on the web store?
>
> In most countries. Not in the UK though. They have loads of the new ones
> ready in their warehouse in nottingham, but they are waiting to use up all
> the old stocks of Tactical, Assault and Devastator squads up before they
> release the new ones. However, I phoned MO up and with some complaining and
> harrasment managed to get them to send me one of the updated assault sets
> :)
>
> The new sets should be in UK shops in the next couple of months though, as
> the old sets disappear.

I noticed one of the local hobby shops here abouts is out of Tac
Squads, and low on assault squads. Now what's this about 'new'
Devastators - are they coming out in all plastic?

Myrmidon

#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:01:38 GMT, Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:

> I noticed one of the local hobby shops here abouts is out of Tac
>Squads, and low on assault squads. Now what's this about 'new'
>Devastators - are they coming out in all plastic?
>
> Myrmidon

Nope. Check the website. Basically you're getting the old
Devastators and the new sprue with assorted bits. All Devs are $10
now, so they can claim this is "saving you money". Forget that, I'm
picking up the current Devs at my local shop for something like $35,
then I'll add a few bits to specialize them.
-Erik

>> The new sets should be in UK shops in the next couple of months though,
>> as
>> the old sets disappear.
>
> I noticed one of the local hobby shops here abouts is out of Tac
> Squads, and low on assault squads. Now what's this about 'new'
> Devastators - are they coming out in all plastic?
>
> Myrmidon

Sadly, no. The updated sprues will be in the Devastator box, but the metal
heavy weapons are still the same. It'll probably be a couple of years until
GW do the marine heavy weapons in plastic (the missile launcher excepted, of
course).

Rob

Do any of those boxes have the neat little backpack icon that they put in
all the pics, but not on the f---ing sprues?!

"elfbard" <elfbard@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> Do any of those boxes have the neat little backpack icon that they put in
> all the pics, but not on the f---ing sprues?!

You mean the one with the big skull in an arch on it?

That icon only come on the Command Squad sprue, its not on any of the other
squad sprues.

Rob

In article <d3tl22$gc$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>, Robert Williams,
mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

> "elfbard" <elfbard@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> > Do any of those boxes have the neat little backpack icon that they put in
> > all the pics, but not on the f---ing sprues?!
>
> You mean the one with the big skull in an arch on it?
>
> That icon only come on the Command Squad sprue, its not on any of the other
> squad sprues.

Yeah, it's actually 'supposed' to be a 'top piece / cap / header'
what have you for the top of a banner pole. The idea of sticking them
on the character backpacks is kind of nifty.

Myrmidon

#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

>> Do any of those boxes have the neat little backpack icon that they put in
>> all the pics, but not on the f---ing sprues?!
>
> You mean the one with the big skull in an arch on it?
>
> That icon only come on the Command Squad sprue, its not on any of the
> other squad sprues.

Then WTF do they have it on the tac sarge? Conversions are cool and all, but
shouldn't their advertising be about the actuall product?!

bah. Sorry for going off on you about it, but it bugs me....

>>> Do any of those boxes have the neat little backpack icon that they put
>>> in all the pics, but not on the f---ing sprues?!
>>
>> You mean the one with the big skull in an arch on it?
>>
>> That icon only come on the Command Squad sprue, its not on any of the
>> other squad sprues.
>
> Then WTF do they have it on the tac sarge? Conversions are cool and all,
> but shouldn't their advertising be about the actuall product?!
>
> bah. Sorry for going off on you about it, but it bugs me....

I understand. They should have put it on the new tactical squad accessory
sprue really.

Your best bet is to try trading some as most marine players have at least
one of the new command squads, and not everyone will want that bit.

Rob