[40k] New Hive Tyrant, Tyarant Gurad, and Lictor Pics

G

Guest

Guest
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

"Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-at-comcast.net> wrote in message
news:O-Odna-kfM1FYqDfRVn-tw@comcast.com...
> Since there was a bit of interest I thought I would point in the right
> direction of some of the new 4th Edition Nid models. They are pic heavy
> so if you are on a dial up you may have to wait a bit.
>
> Hive Tyrant + Carnifex Silhouette
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509
>
> Tyrant Guard + Lictor (also HE, Skaven and Lizardmen)
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504
>

Haha. The tyrant guard is just a gaunt on steroids.

Rob
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

In article <8NOdnYtLPaFIlqPfRVn-jg@comcast.com>, Brion K. Lienhart,
brionl@lienhart.name Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> Rzrsedge wrote:
>
>
> > Tyrant Guard + Lictor (also HE, Skaven and Lizardmen)
> > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504
>
> I don't like the Tyrant guard.

Like the new Lictor, but I'm with you - not a fan of the 'new'
Tyrant Guard. They look far to short to effectively protect current
Tyrant, much less the new one. More like close combat oriented gorilla
hybrids. And what happened to their rending claws and lash whip?

>
> Isn't Skaven a collective noun? I.e. the plural of Skaven, is Skaven?

Well, at least they didn't put 'Lizardmens' on those pics. :)

--
#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

http://www.sheppard.demon.co.uk/rgmw_faq/rgmw_faq.htm
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

Myrmidon wrote:
> In article <8NOdnYtLPaFIlqPfRVn-jg@comcast.com>, Brion K. Lienhart,
<snip>
>>
>> I don't like the Tyrant guard.
>
> Like the new Lictor, but I'm with you - not a fan of the 'new'
> Tyrant Guard. They look far to short to effectively protect current
> Tyrant, much less the new one. More like close combat oriented
> gorilla hybrids. And what happened to their rending claws and lash
> whip?

I kind of agree - while I do kinda like the new Tyrant Guard model as a
model, I think it's all wrong for the role it's supposed to play in the
army. Like Myr said, how is this hunched-over little thing supposed to
block for the new Hive Tyrant, which appears to be significantly taller than
the current one? I've noticed a severe lack of midgets in the present-day
Secret Service...

On the new Tyrant itself, I'm torn. I like the new model, but I might be
running out this week to pick up that last 3rd edition "Alien Queen" Tyrant
at the FLGS. If I wind up buying the new one, I could kit them out totally
differently to change the "feel" of the army a bit.

The new Lictor model look OK, but unless they get a price cut or some new
rules, I think I'll stick with those two old ones I picked up cheap (also
glad I snagged that old Zoanthrope, as I think the new one is pure ass).
I'd like to actually see the new Carnifex - but I'm one of those godless
heatherns who sorta likes the current Fex, so what do I know.

With all these models getting premiered, is there any firmer notion of when
the damn v4 Nid codex is being released? I still have a boatload of
gants/gaunts and Warriors that I wouldn't glue up for fear of my chosen
weapons fits getting nerfed...

--
Ken Coble

I am just an aging drummer boy
And in the wars I used to play
And I've called the tune to many a torture session
Now they say I am a war criminal
And I'm fading away
Father, please hear my confession
-Dire Straits, "The Man's Too Strong"
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

Kenneth Coble wrote:

> With all these models getting premiered, is there any firmer notion of when
> the damn v4 Nid codex is being released? I still have a boatload of
> gants/gaunts and Warriors that I wouldn't glue up for fear of my chosen
> weapons fits getting nerfed...

The guys at the FLNGW store were saying something about a "Tyranid
Month" either April or May. I'm guessing that a new codex would be part
of that.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

In article <O-Odna-kfM1FYqDfRVn-tw@comcast.com>, "Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-
at-comcast.net>, "Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-at-comcast.net> Varfed out the
following in Timo speak...
> Since there was a bit of interest I thought I would point in the right
> direction of some of the new 4th Edition Nid models. They are pic heavy so
> if you are on a dial up you may have to wait a bit.
>
> Hive Tyrant + Carnifex Silhouette
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509
>
I've got mixed feelings about the new Tyrant - while I like some
of the body work and new legs - the head with the huge 'sword nose'
isn't overwhelming me. Also the bone sword and lash whip aren't real
favorites of mine either. The scything talons were/are a definite
improvement over the older bonesword, and the lash whip wouldn't be so
bad if it were made to look as though it was part of the end of the arm
rather than a seperate tool/entity.

Interestingly enough - folks are saying the new Tyrant will be metal
with plastic arms like the current version - but at the GW slide show,
the new Tyrant and box are pictured on a slide with the words "Lots of
new plastics". So, I wonder which of these is correct?

As for the Carnifex, you can't tell a lot from the silhouette, but if it
looks like a larger version of the new guard, I won't be ditching my 3rd
Ed Carnies any time soon.

> Tyrant Guard + Lictor (also HE, Skaven and Lizardmen)
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504
>

Love the new Lictor - to me it's a lot more menacing in terms of the
whole body and head in particular. I can see where folks might not like
it - it does have a sort of 'Spawn' (as in the comic book) feel to it -
but I personally find it a lot more appealing than the current version.
(I still like the older 2nd Ed version better than the current version
to be honest.)

As for the Tyrant Guard - while I appreciate the concept of making them
look tougher and more heavily armored - the 'insect gorilla' concept
just isn't making it for me. They're supposed to be big enough to
interpose themselves between other monsterous creaters and hostile
shooters and soak up the abuse. It's going to be hard to do that for
something that is *HALF* the height of the other creatures and walks on
it's knuckles, aye? And where're the rending claws and lash whips?
Guess us Nid players will be kissing those good-bye too in the new codex
from the looks of the models. Honestly, I could see these being a new
'class' of bugs, or as the starting point for an Epic Nid Titan
conversion, but as Tyrant Guard, they look ill suited to the role of
protecting creatures that are going to be twice as tall or larger than
the guards themselves. Oh well.

There are so more GD pics up at...

http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay2005Atlanta/games_day_atlanta_2005.htm

There's a shot of the 'Brood Lord' - and I'm not terribly impressed by
what can be seen in the shot from the slide show. Makes me glad I've
got one of the older Patriach models along with the Magus minis.

Lets see - so far...

New Tyrant - so so, has potential, but head and some of the arms aren't
great. And the total 2nd Ed throw back seems more than a little out of
line with the nice new gaunts and warriors. (I'll be happier if it comes
in plastic for easier conversions. That and it doesn't cost and arm and
a fookin'leg - anyone wanna bet on that one?)

New Lictor - very pleased. (Seems to me to have a lot more air of a
menacing hunter killer to it than the current 'Happy C'thulu' squid
faced lictor.)

New Zoan - dislike. (New improved armor on front of head, coupled with
'exposed brain' at the sides and back. Now there's a handy mutation.
Oversized back fins and goofy base only add to the problem.)

New Brood Lord - dislike (looks like a pose from a Vampire or Werewolf
Game mini) Glad I have alternative minis available.

New Genestealers - distinctly dislike (hands, feet, and lack of
variety.)

New Tyrant Guard - dislike (Way way to much 'Tyrant Guard in The Mist'
look to them for my taste. All that's missing is a 'Jane Goodall'
mini.) Ah well, I did see a nice suggestion for using the current
plastic warriors with the current Guard arms and shield for a Tyrant
Guard conversion that's more cohesive looking with the rest of the
current range. It's an idea I'll have to give some consideration.

At this rate, it looks like I'll be saving a lot more money than
spending with the new stuff coming out.

Later,

Myrmidon


--
All good (color) choices, but they don't carry the impact of the #7
"Over-ripe bananagaunt." Nothing says fear the tyranids like slightly
aged fruit.

-Maka

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

http://www.sheppard.demon.co.uk/rgmw_faq/rgmw_faq.htm
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

Rzrsedge wrote:
> Hive Tyrant + Carnifex Silhouette
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509

The HT looks OK, tho I'm not at all sure about the head spike. The back
vanes are decidedly Giger, too much so for my tastes. Still, this is a
well-detailed model, much better than the current 40k3 model,
competitive with the 40k2 one.

> Tyrant Guard + Lictor (also HE, Skaven and Lizardmen)
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504

First off, the teal / brown scheme is light years better than the purple
/ white one. It's almost like GW tries to come up with bad schemes
(ref. Studio Tau)...

The new Lictor is OK. The rending claws are about the best yet. The
tail, arms and hands are decidely average. The cloven feet and head are
much too big.

The Tyrant Guard makes no sense. The forward arms should be big, not
the middle ones. Pass.

The new Skaven don't do anything, tho I thought the current multi-poses
were recent enough not to require replacement with limited-pose minis.

The new High Elves are OK, with the new Archer miles upon miles ahead of
the terrible current plastics.

I don't like the new Lizardmen, but I see they're going even farther
towards the New World source, and that's good.


--
--- John Hwang "JohnHwang...@cs.com.no.com"
\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
| Horned Blood Cross Terror LED Speed Jagd Destiny
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

Myrmidon wrote:
> In article <O-Odna-kfM1FYqDfRVn-tw@comcast.com>, "Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-
> at-comcast.net>, "Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-at-comcast.net> Varfed out the
> following in Timo speak...
>
>>Since there was a bit of interest I thought I would point in the right
>>direction of some of the new 4th Edition Nid models. They are pic heavy so
>>if you are on a dial up you may have to wait a bit.
>>
>>Hive Tyrant + Carnifex Silhouette
>>http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509
>>
>
> I've got mixed feelings about the new Tyrant - while I like some
> of the body work and new legs - the head with the huge 'sword nose'
> isn't overwhelming me. Also the bone sword and lash whip aren't real
> favorites of mine either. The scything talons were/are a definite
> improvement over the older bonesword, and the lash whip wouldn't be so
> bad if it were made to look as though it was part of the end of the arm
> rather than a seperate tool/entity.
>
> Interestingly enough - folks are saying the new Tyrant will be metal
> with plastic arms like the current version - but at the GW slide show,
> the new Tyrant and box are pictured on a slide with the words "Lots of
> new plastics". So, I wonder which of these is correct?
>
> As for the Carnifex, you can't tell a lot from the silhouette, but if it
> looks like a larger version of the new guard, I won't be ditching my 3rd
> Ed Carnies any time soon.
>
>
>>Tyrant Guard + Lictor (also HE, Skaven and Lizardmen)
>>http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504
>>
>
>
> Love the new Lictor - to me it's a lot more menacing in terms of the
> whole body and head in particular. I can see where folks might not like
> it - it does have a sort of 'Spawn' (as in the comic book) feel to it -
> but I personally find it a lot more appealing than the current version.
> (I still like the older 2nd Ed version better than the current version
> to be honest.)
>
> As for the Tyrant Guard - while I appreciate the concept of making them
> look tougher and more heavily armored - the 'insect gorilla' concept
> just isn't making it for me. They're supposed to be big enough to
> interpose themselves between other monsterous creaters and hostile
> shooters and soak up the abuse. It's going to be hard to do that for
> something that is *HALF* the height of the other creatures and walks on
> it's knuckles, aye? And where're the rending claws and lash whips?
> Guess us Nid players will be kissing those good-bye too in the new codex
> from the looks of the models. Honestly, I could see these being a new
> 'class' of bugs, or as the starting point for an Epic Nid Titan
> conversion, but as Tyrant Guard, they look ill suited to the role of
> protecting creatures that are going to be twice as tall or larger than
> the guards themselves. Oh well.
>
> There are so more GD pics up at...
>
> http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay2005Atlanta/games_day_atlanta_2005.htm
>
> There's a shot of the 'Brood Lord' - and I'm not terribly impressed by
> what can be seen in the shot from the slide show. Makes me glad I've
> got one of the older Patriach models along with the Magus minis.
>
> Lets see - so far...
>
> New Tyrant - so so, has potential, but head and some of the arms aren't
> great. And the total 2nd Ed throw back seems more than a little out of
> line with the nice new gaunts and warriors. (I'll be happier if it comes
> in plastic for easier conversions. That and it doesn't cost and arm and
> a fookin'leg - anyone wanna bet on that one?)
>
> New Lictor - very pleased. (Seems to me to have a lot more air of a
> menacing hunter killer to it than the current 'Happy C'thulu' squid
> faced lictor.)
>
> New Zoan - dislike. (New improved armor on front of head, coupled with
> 'exposed brain' at the sides and back. Now there's a handy mutation.
> Oversized back fins and goofy base only add to the problem.)
>
> New Brood Lord - dislike (looks like a pose from a Vampire or Werewolf
> Game mini) Glad I have alternative minis available.
>
> New Genestealers - distinctly dislike (hands, feet, and lack of
> variety.)
>
> New Tyrant Guard - dislike (Way way to much 'Tyrant Guard in The Mist'
> look to them for my taste. All that's missing is a 'Jane Goodall'
> mini.) Ah well, I did see a nice suggestion for using the current
> plastic warriors with the current Guard arms and shield for a Tyrant
> Guard conversion that's more cohesive looking with the rest of the
> current range. It's an idea I'll have to give some consideration.
>
> At this rate, it looks like I'll be saving a lot more money than
> spending with the new stuff coming out.
>
> Later,
>
> Myrmidon
>
>
The Good news is the 3E stuff should start going for cheap! as all the
kiddies go for the new stuff...
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

"Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-at-comcast.net> wrote in message news:<O-Odna-kfM1FYqDfRVn-tw@comcast.com>...
> Since there was a bit of interest I thought I would point in the right
> direction of some of the new 4th Edition Nid models. They are pic heavy so
> if you are on a dial up you may have to wait a bit.
>
> Hive Tyrant + Carnifex Silhouette
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509

That Hive Tyrant is a great improvement - like the idea of going back
to the 2nd Ed. model and making a less cartoony version. The head
spike is far too large, but can be chopped off.

The Carnifex silhouette suggests it's basically a down-sized
Heirodule, but then that isn't a bad model.

> Tyrant Guard + Lictor (also HE, Skaven and Lizardmen)
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504

Like most of the Lictor (again a return to 2nd Ed. style), hate the
pose of the middle arms. Still an improvement.

Tyrant Guard? Why do they look like a cross between a tortoise and a
Hormagaunt, posed like the pawns from the first Harry Potter film?
They aren't too bad as models, but I hope we get a fluff explanation
for the coomplete revision of the look (though it does actually fulfil
my wish for greater diversity in Tyranid appearance).

Philip Bowles
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

"Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-at-comcast.net> wrote in message news:<O-Odna-kfM1FYqDfRVn-tw@comcast.com>...
> Since there was a bit of interest I thought I would point in the right
> direction of some of the new 4th Edition Nid models. They are pic heavy so
> if you are on a dial up you may have to wait a bit.
>
> Hive Tyrant + Carnifex Silhouette
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509
>
> Tyrant Guard + Lictor (also HE, Skaven and Lizardmen)
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504

And why no comment on the WFB previews? The Tyrion-based infantry hero
looks good and it's nice to see the HE finally getting a bow-armed
character model. Pity he looks identical to the Shadow Warriors, only
with a helmet - good, but not as interesting as he might have been.

As for the Lizards, the priest with the Cloak of Feathers and staff is
great (Tenehuain, by any chance?). The Skink heroes are terrible, at
least the one we see best, waving a sickle in the air.

Philip Bowles
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

"Kenneth Coble" <flintlocklaser@triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:<JLr%d.40586$wl4.1342970@twister.southeast.rr.com>...
> Myrmidon wrote:
> > In article <8NOdnYtLPaFIlqPfRVn-jg@comcast.com>, Brion K. Lienhart,
> <snip>
> >>
> >> I don't like the Tyrant guard.
> >
> > Like the new Lictor, but I'm with you - not a fan of the 'new'
> > Tyrant Guard. They look far to short to effectively protect current
> > Tyrant, much less the new one. More like close combat oriented
> > gorilla hybrids. And what happened to their rending claws and lash
> > whip?
>
> I kind of agree - while I do kinda like the new Tyrant Guard model as a
> model, I think it's all wrong for the role it's supposed to play in the
> army. Like Myr said, how is this hunched-over little thing supposed to
> block for the new Hive Tyrant, which appears to be significantly taller than
> the current one? I've noticed a severe lack of midgets in the present-day
> Secret Service...

That could be because they're a secret...

Philip Bowles
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1ca816f2e8b3619798a4d0@news-server.woh.rr.com>...
> In article <O-Odna-kfM1FYqDfRVn-tw@comcast.com>, "Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-
> at-comcast.net>, "Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-at-comcast.net> Varfed out the
> following in Timo speak...
> > Since there was a bit of interest I thought I would point in the right
> > direction of some of the new 4th Edition Nid models. They are pic heavy so
> > if you are on a dial up you may have to wait a bit.
> >
> > Hive Tyrant + Carnifex Silhouette
> > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509
> >
> I've got mixed feelings about the new Tyrant - while I like some
> of the body work and new legs - the head with the huge 'sword nose'
> isn't overwhelming me. Also the bone sword and lash whip aren't real
> favorites of mine either. The scything talons were/are a definite
> improvement over the older bonesword, and the lash whip wouldn't be so
> bad if it were made to look as though it was part of the end of the arm
> rather than a seperate tool/entity.
>
> Interestingly enough - folks are saying the new Tyrant will be metal
> with plastic arms like the current version - but at the GW slide show,
> the new Tyrant and box are pictured on a slide with the words "Lots of
> new plastics". So, I wonder which of these is correct?

Maybe it will be metal with lots of plastic arms? And why do the 'Lots
of New Plastics' seem to include exactly the same Warriors and Gaunts,
just in new boxes?

> As for the Tyrant Guard - while I appreciate the concept of making them
> look tougher and more heavily armored - the 'insect gorilla' concept
> just isn't making it for me. They're supposed to be big enough to
> interpose themselves between other monsterous creaters and hostile
> shooters and soak up the abuse. It's going to be hard to do that for
> something that is *HALF* the height of the other creatures and walks on
> it's knuckles, aye?

Well, it's big for a hermit crab, you have to give it that...

> There are so more GD pics up at...
>
> http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay2005Atlanta/games_day_atlanta_2005.htm

Plastic Rat Ogres? I rather like these. Pity some of the Lustria
slides are so blurry - there's a Saurus character there I can't make
out but who looks quite good (I'm liking the return to the 5th Ed.
headdress and weapon designs). Still not completely sold on the new
Cold One Riders - and surely, if they're getting a Battalion, the
Lizards should have two new plastic sets (all other Battalions bar the
TK one contain four different plastic sets - with the Cold Ones the
Lizards will only have three).

> There's a shot of the 'Brood Lord' - and I'm not terribly impressed by
> what can be seen in the shot from the slide show.

? All I can see is pictures of the Hive Tyrant, Warriors, Lictor,
Zoanthrope, and Gaunts.

> New Tyrant - so so, has potential, but head and some of the arms aren't
> great. And the total 2nd Ed throw back seems more than a little out of
> line with the nice new gaunts and warriors. (I'll be happier if it comes
> in plastic for easier conversions. That and it doesn't cost and arm and
> a fookin'leg - anyone wanna bet on that one?)
>
> New Lictor - very pleased. (Seems to me to have a lot more air of a
> menacing hunter killer to it than the current 'Happy C'thulu' squid
> faced lictor.)

I think it should have kept the squid face for old time's sake - the
2nd Ed. Lictor had it too.

> New Genestealers - distinctly dislike (hands, feet, and lack of
> variety.)

Can't see them too well; hope they aren't just the 40k box plastics.

> New Tyrant Guard - dislike (Way way to much 'Tyrant Guard in The Mist'
> look to them for my taste. All that's missing is a 'Jane Goodall'

Diane Fossey, surely? You're right though - the Tyranid range should
definitely be accompanied by some form of Sigourney Weaver figure.

Philip Bowles
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 04:07:05 GMT, "Kenneth Coble"
<flintlocklaser@triad.rr.com> wrote:

>Myrmidon wrote:
>> In article <8NOdnYtLPaFIlqPfRVn-jg@comcast.com>, Brion K. Lienhart,
><snip>
>>>
>>> I don't like the Tyrant guard.
>>
>> Like the new Lictor, but I'm with you - not a fan of the 'new'
>> Tyrant Guard. They look far to short to effectively protect current
>> Tyrant, much less the new one. More like close combat oriented
>> gorilla hybrids. And what happened to their rending claws and lash
>> whip?
>
>I kind of agree - while I do kinda like the new Tyrant Guard model as a
>model, I think it's all wrong for the role it's supposed to play in the
>army. Like Myr said, how is this hunched-over little thing supposed to
>block for the new Hive Tyrant, which appears to be significantly taller than
>the current one? I've noticed a severe lack of midgets in the present-day
>Secret Service...

I'm not so much worried about the look of the new one as I am the fact
they changed them so drastically. The old TG were $15 a pop, a lot of
people paid $45 for three (or more!), and now the models are
effectively useless.

>On the new Tyrant itself, I'm torn. I like the new model, but I might be
>running out this week to pick up that last 3rd edition "Alien Queen" Tyrant
>at the FLGS. If I wind up buying the new one, I could kit them out totally
>differently to change the "feel" of the army a bit.
>
>The new Lictor model look OK, but unless they get a price cut or some new

Bad news - the Lictor will be $30 according to Alliance's catalog.

>rules, I think I'll stick with those two old ones I picked up cheap (also
>glad I snagged that old Zoanthrope, as I think the new one is pure ass).
>I'd like to actually see the new Carnifex - but I'm one of those godless
>heatherns who sorta likes the current Fex, so what do I know.

I'm with you, "Smiley" is a pretty cool figure!

>With all these models getting premiered, is there any firmer notion of when
>the damn v4 Nid codex is being released? I still have a boatload of
>gants/gaunts and Warriors that I wouldn't glue up for fear of my chosen
>weapons fits getting nerfed...

The army box is set for a May release, so I'd hazard a guess for June.
-Erik
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:11:00 GMT, John Hwang
<JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote:

>> Tyrant Guard + Lictor (also HE, Skaven and Lizardmen)
>> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504
>
>First off, the teal / brown scheme is light years better than the purple
>/ white one. It's almost like GW tries to come up with bad schemes
>(ref. Studio Tau)...

What bothers me with the Tau is that so many people have copied that
color scheme.

>The new Lictor is OK. The rending claws are about the best yet. The
>tail, arms and hands are decidely average. The cloven feet and head are
>much too big.

My favorite comment on the Lictor came from Phil Kelly: "He looks like
he's eating asparagus."
-Erik
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

Rzrsedge <kgamble8-at-comcast.net> wrote:
> Since there was a bit of interest I thought I would point in the right
> direction of some of the new 4th Edition Nid models. They are pic heavy so
> if you are on a dial up you may have to wait a bit.

Makes me glad I decided to hold off on my Tyranid army until the new Codex
comes out. I think my time and money will be going into working on other
armies. Though I wish I'd not purchased and put together the old Tyrant
now, as my time would have been better spent elsewhere.

Zane
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

> I'm not so much worried about the look of the new one as I am the fact
> they changed them so drastically. The old TG were $15 a pop, a lot of
> people paid $45 for three (or more!), and now the models are
> effectively useless.

No they aren't. You can still use the models, the previous TG are just a
different geneform.

Rob
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:01:52 -0000, "Robert Williams"
<mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>> I'm not so much worried about the look of the new one as I am the fact
>> they changed them so drastically. The old TG were $15 a pop, a lot of
>> people paid $45 for three (or more!), and now the models are
>> effectively useless.
>
>No they aren't. You can still use the models, the previous TG are just a
>different geneform.

But are there rules to use TG with whips, shields, etc.? Or will they
just have to be Warriors? That's what I'm wondering about. If there
are rules for both types of TG, I think a lot of gamers will be happy.
-Erik
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

"Philip Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
news:587631d1.0503211442.64edc8ea@posting.google.com...
> Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> news:<MPG.1ca816f2e8b3619798a4d0@news-server.woh.rr.com>...
>> In article <O-Odna-kfM1FYqDfRVn-tw@comcast.com>, "Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-
>> at-comcast.net>, "Rzrsedge" <kgamble8-at-comcast.net> Varfed out the
>> following in Timo speak...
>> > Since there was a bit of interest I thought I would point in the right
>> > direction of some of the new 4th Edition Nid models. They are pic
>> > heavy so
>> > if you are on a dial up you may have to wait a bit.
>> >
>> > Hive Tyrant + Carnifex Silhouette
>> > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509
>> >
>> I've got mixed feelings about the new Tyrant - while I like some
>> of the body work and new legs - the head with the huge 'sword nose'
>> isn't overwhelming me. Also the bone sword and lash whip aren't real
>> favorites of mine either. The scything talons were/are a definite
>> improvement over the older bonesword, and the lash whip wouldn't be so
>> bad if it were made to look as though it was part of the end of the arm
>> rather than a seperate tool/entity.
>>
>> Interestingly enough - folks are saying the new Tyrant will be metal
>> with plastic arms like the current version - but at the GW slide show,
>> the new Tyrant and box are pictured on a slide with the words "Lots of
>> new plastics". So, I wonder which of these is correct?
>
> Maybe it will be metal with lots of plastic arms? And why do the 'Lots
> of New Plastics' seem to include exactly the same Warriors and Gaunts,
> just in new boxes?
>
>> As for the Tyrant Guard - while I appreciate the concept of making them
>> look tougher and more heavily armored - the 'insect gorilla' concept
>> just isn't making it for me. They're supposed to be big enough to
>> interpose themselves between other monsterous creaters and hostile
>> shooters and soak up the abuse. It's going to be hard to do that for
>> something that is *HALF* the height of the other creatures and walks on
>> it's knuckles, aye?
>
> Well, it's big for a hermit crab, you have to give it that...
>
> > There are so more GD pics up at...
>>
>> http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay2005Atlanta/games_day_atlanta_2005.htm
>
> Plastic Rat Ogres? I rather like these. Pity some of the Lustria
> slides are so blurry - there's a Saurus character there I can't make
> out but who looks quite good (I'm liking the return to the 5th Ed.
> headdress and weapon designs). Still not completely sold on the new
> Cold One Riders - and surely, if they're getting a Battalion, the
> Lizards should have two new plastic sets (all other Battalions bar the
> TK one contain four different plastic sets - with the Cold Ones the
> Lizards will only have three).
>
>> There's a shot of the 'Brood Lord' - and I'm not terribly impressed by
>> what can be seen in the shot from the slide show.
>
> ? All I can see is pictures of the Hive Tyrant, Warriors, Lictor,
> Zoanthrope, and Gaunts.
>
>> New Tyrant - so so, has potential, but head and some of the arms aren't
>> great. And the total 2nd Ed throw back seems more than a little out of
>> line with the nice new gaunts and warriors. (I'll be happier if it comes
>> in plastic for easier conversions. That and it doesn't cost and arm and
>> a fookin'leg - anyone wanna bet on that one?)
>>
>> New Lictor - very pleased. (Seems to me to have a lot more air of a
>> menacing hunter killer to it than the current 'Happy C'thulu' squid
>> faced lictor.)
>
> I think it should have kept the squid face for old time's sake - the
> 2nd Ed. Lictor had it too.
>
>> New Genestealers - distinctly dislike (hands, feet, and lack of
>> variety.)
>
> Can't see them too well; hope they aren't just the 40k box plastics.
>
>> New Tyrant Guard - dislike (Way way to much 'Tyrant Guard in The Mist'
>> look to them for my taste. All that's missing is a 'Jane Goodall'
>
> Diane Fossey, surely? You're right though - the Tyranid range should
> definitely be accompanied by some form of Sigourney Weaver figure.

I was sure it was Jane Goodall in 'Mist'
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

On 3/21/05 10:15 PM, in article 562dnfT1vaJ9EKLfRVn-iw@comcast.com, "Craig
Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote:

>>
>> Diane Fossey, surely? You're right though - the Tyranid range should
>> definitely be accompanied by some form of Sigourney Weaver figure.
>
> I was sure it was Jane Goodall in 'Mist'
>
Monkeys or Gorillas? (Fossey was the Gorilla girl)


janet
--
Wit has truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words.
Dorothy Parker
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

In article <BE64F889.1237E%janetq@hotmail.com>, Janet Quick,
janetq@hotmail.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> On 3/21/05 10:15 PM, in article 562dnfT1vaJ9EKLfRVn-iw@comcast.com, "Craig
> Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>
> >> Diane Fossey, surely? You're right though - the Tyranid range should
> >> definitely be accompanied by some form of Sigourney Weaver figure.
> >
> > I was sure it was Jane Goodall in 'Mist'
> >
> Monkeys or Gorillas? (Fossey was the Gorilla girl)

Fossey was the one who was later murdered by poachers, yes? If so,
then yeah, it should be Fossey in the Gorillas comment - doh!

Myrmidon

--
#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

http://www.sheppard.demon.co.uk/rgmw_faq/rgmw_faq.htm
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

Erik Setzer wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:01:52 -0000, "Robert Williams"
> <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
<snip>

> If there are rules for both types of TG, I think a lot of gamers will be happy.
> -Erik

But... This *is* GW making gamers happy has not been a going concern for
a few years now...
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

In article <O-Odna-kfM1FYqDfRVn-tw@comcast.com>, Rzrsedge wrote:
> Since there was a bit of interest I thought I would point in the right
> direction of some of the new 4th Edition Nid models. They are pic heavy so
> if you are on a dial up you may have to wait a bit.
>
> Hive Tyrant + Carnifex Silhouette
> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509

painted Hive Tyrant:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg

--
Joakim
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

jockelinde wrote:
> In article <O-Odna-kfM1FYqDfRVn-tw@comcast.com>, Rzrsedge wrote:
>
>>Since there was a bit of interest I thought I would point in the right
>>direction of some of the new 4th Edition Nid models. They are pic heavy so
>>if you are on a dial up you may have to wait a bit.
>>
>>Hive Tyrant + Carnifex Silhouette
>>http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509
>
>
> painted Hive Tyrant:
> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
>
Looks like a very good tyrant guard. Still hate the whips (though they
make sense)
 

TRENDING THREADS