[40k] Shooty Orks 1500 pts

Here is a semi-shooty Ork army I have been tinkering with and refining
over the last few weeks. It has done pretty well vs marines so I thought
I would put it up and if you guys want to rip it to shreds then feel free.

Although technically this army is based on the Snakebite Clan rules,
thematically I prefer to think of these Orks as more advanced than your
standard Orks rather than more primitive. They make extensive use of
vehicles, fields and shoot better than your standard Orks. Anyways on
with the list.

-*HQ*-

Warboss with Bionik Arm/Bounce/Eavy/Cybork/Combi Shoota Scorcha/Choppa
and 2 attack squigs
Comments: Any Boss works, I just happen to have converted the one with a
squig on one hand to have a choppa as well, with the hand squig counting
as a bionik arm

Big Mek with Kustom Force Field/Slugga/Tools/2x Grot Oilers
Comments: Multipurpose shield/fixy guy

-*TROOPS*-

12xHuntas 1
1 Big Shoota

12xHuntas 2
1 Big Shoota
Comments: BS3 fun, Im thinking of adding a Rokkit Launcha to each squad.

5xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits
Comments: These guys ride in the gun wagon

9xBurna Boyz with 1 Mek with Field and Slugga
Comments: 2nd field, these guys help protect the...

20xSlugga Boyz

15xGretchin+Slaver+Squighound
Comments: These guys are to stay at the front and force priority checks
for shooting. With the protection of either KFF they stay around for
quite a while too

-*FAST*-

2xBuggies/Trakks with armor plates and scorcha
Comments: Zip around and scorch various targets. Also adds more vehicle
type targets to shoot at.

-*HEAVY*-

Looted Russ with Armor Plates and Heavy Bolter
Comments: usually people will go crazy trying to kill this, but it it
tough enough to hold out for a turn or two and that Battle cannon does a
lot of damage. Also templates for Orks are good

Gunwagon with Armor/Kannon
Comments: Tankbustas catch a ride in this, which makes it a mobile tank
killing machine with armor that isnt paper thin. Also kannon with its
frag and krak rounds is somewhat versitile.

1500pts 84 models.

IMO this army has a good combination of foot sloggers and tanks, what
the footsloggers lack in numbers they make up in toughness, if you
position the fields properly all your troups will get a 5+ cover save,
even the gretchin. If you find the Burna boyz are getting shot a lot
they can usually mob up with the slugga boyz before the field guy gets
targetted.

With the new rapid fire rules the BS3 Huntas are good value, although I
usually hanker them down in some cover and let them shoot the enemy from
afar.

The buggies are versatile and play heavily on psychology, you can use
them to force the enemies tank busting shots away from your bigger tanks
and if they ignore the buggies the scorchas usually make them pay for it.

The Gunwagon makes an excellent firing platform for the tankbustas, and
with a AV of 12/11/10 it isnt as vulnerable as a Trukk

Last but not least, the Looted Russ. Used correctly you can do some
serious damage to enemy squads. The new move and ord rules also make it
significantly more tactical. If/when it does get damaged you can use
your big mek to repair it.

I dont proclaim this to be a "every army beater" list but at least IMO
it puts non-freeks on a better footing than they usually get.

Let the ripping to pieces begin...

--
Dogboy

Wargame Terrain Generator, free from:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~healer8/

Dogboy <no@no.com> wrote in news:crspo1$sq3$1@lust.ihug.co.nz:

> Here is a semi-shooty Ork army I have been tinkering with and refining
> over the last few weeks. It has done pretty well vs marines so I
> thought I would put it up and if you guys want to rip it to shreds
> then feel free.
>
> Although technically this army is based on the Snakebite Clan rules,
> thematically I prefer to think of these Orks as more advanced than
> your standard Orks rather than more primitive. They make extensive
> use of vehicles, fields and shoot better than your standard Orks.
> Anyways on with the list.

For Orks, that IS primitive. The little weedy Orks out at the fringes of
the horde have to use cunning and firepower to overcome their enemies. The
big, strong, meaty Orks in the heart of civilization just give their
opponents a good thwack.
Reliance on technology is an atavistic trait in Orks.

"Dogboy" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:crspo1$sq3$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...

> Warboss with Bionik Arm/Bounce/Eavy/Cybork/Combi Shoota Scorcha/Choppa
> and 2 attack squigs
> Comments: Any Boss works, I just happen to have converted the one with a
> squig on one hand to have a choppa as well, with the hand squig counting
> as a bionik arm
>
> Big Mek with Kustom Force Field/Slugga/Tools/2x Grot Oilers
> Comments: Multipurpose shield/fixy guy

I like these two.

> -*TROOPS*-
>
> 12xHuntas 1
> 1 Big Shoota
>
> 12xHuntas 2
> 1 Big Shoota
> Comments: BS3 fun, Im thinking of adding a Rokkit Launcha to each squad.

If you're going shooty, go shooty, add in a nob and with a big shoota and
include the second big shoota.

> 5xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits
> Comments: These guys ride in the gun wagon

A neat trick here is to give the nob Ammo Runts, by the rules, ANYONE that's
in base contact with him can use the re-roll ability.

> 9xBurna Boyz with 1 Mek with Field and Slugga
> Comments: 2nd field, these guys help protect the...
>
> 20xSlugga Boyz

Try and work in a Nob with a PK if possible.

> 15xGretchin+Slaver+Squighound
> Comments: These guys are to stay at the front and force priority checks
> for shooting. With the protection of either KFF they stay around for
> quite a while too

Another trick is to give said Slaver a rokkit launcha and 2 ammo runts.
What else are you going to shoot at?

> -*FAST*-
>
> 2xBuggies/Trakks with armor plates and scorcha
> Comments: Zip around and scorch various targets. Also adds more vehicle
> type targets to shoot at.

Add Red Paint Job, that extra inch means a world of difference sometimes
with template weapons.

> -*HEAVY*-
>
> Looted Russ with Armor Plates and Heavy Bolter
> Comments: usually people will go crazy trying to kill this, but it it
> tough enough to hold out for a turn or two and that Battle cannon does a
> lot of damage. Also templates for Orks are good

Good.

> Gunwagon with Armor/Kannon
> Comments: Tankbustas catch a ride in this, which makes it a mobile tank
> killing machine with armor that isnt paper thin. Also kannon with its
> frag and krak rounds is somewhat versitile.

Never screwed with these, but sounds fun.

I'm not entirely certain where to come up with the points for the additions
I suggested, perhaps drop the slugga boyz all together in favor of more
shooty huntas?

--
Brant M

Brant M wrote:

>>-*TROOPS*-
>>
>>12xHuntas 1
>>1 Big Shoota
>>
>>12xHuntas 2
>>1 Big Shoota
>>Comments: BS3 fun, Im thinking of adding a Rokkit Launcha to each squad.
>

> If you're going shooty, go shooty, add in a nob and with a big shoota and
> include the second big shoota.

I like this idea. Although finding the points can be hard.

>>5xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits
>>Comments: These guys ride in the gun wagon
>

> A neat trick here is to give the nob Ammo Runts, by the rules, ANYONE that's
> in base contact with him can use the re-roll ability.

Ive never really been sold on the idea of Ammo runts, paying 4 points to
twin link your weapon once (whether it works or not) with a BS2 Ork
doesnt seem to me like a good deal. However a lot of people seem to use
them so maybe there is something I am missing?.

Maybe if I was in a situation where I absolutely needed to hit something
with shooting then an ammo runt would be good, but I have learnt not to
trust Ork shooting at all.

--
Dogboy

"Dogboy" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:crt8fu$7aj$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Brant M wrote:

> Ive never really been sold on the idea of Ammo runts, paying 4 points to
> twin link your weapon once (whether it works or not) with a BS2 Ork
> doesnt seem to me like a good deal. However a lot of people seem to use
> them so maybe there is something I am missing?.
>
> Maybe if I was in a situation where I absolutely needed to hit something
> with shooting then an ammo runt would be good, but I have learnt not to
> trust Ork shooting at all.

That's precisely the point. You put the ammo runts where they will be the
most useful (i.e. in a tankbusta's squad or other Rokkit Launchas). That
way you will effectively hit like Marines for one round and you can take out
something you have to (hellhounds, leman russ exterminators, etc).

--
Brant M

"Dogboy" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:crspo1$sq3$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Here is a semi-shooty Ork army I have been tinkering with and refining
> over the last few weeks. It has done pretty well vs marines so I thought
> I would put it up and if you guys want to rip it to shreds then feel free.
>
> Although technically this army is based on the Snakebite Clan rules,
> thematically I prefer to think of these Orks as more advanced than your
> standard Orks rather than more primitive. They make extensive use of
> vehicles, fields and shoot better than your standard Orks. Anyways on
> with the list.
>
> -*HQ*-
>
> Warboss with Bionik Arm/Bounce/Eavy/Cybork/Combi Shoota Scorcha/Choppa
> and 2 attack squigs
> Comments: Any Boss works, I just happen to have converted the one with a
> squig on one hand to have a choppa as well, with the hand squig counting
> as a bionik arm

> Big Mek with Kustom Force Field/Slugga/Tools/2x Grot Oilers
> Comments: Multipurpose shield/fixy guy
>
> -*TROOPS*-
>
> 12xHuntas 1
> 1 Big Shoota
>
> 12xHuntas 2
> 1 Big Shoota
> Comments: BS3 fun, Im thinking of adding a Rokkit Launcha to each squad.

Not familiar with the feral Ork rules, but how many big gunz are you allowed
in this unit, and what's the maximum mob size? 12 strong Ork mobs won't
stick around for long, and if you can take more big shootas or rokkits, max
them out.

> 5xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits
> Comments: These guys ride in the gun wagon

Gunwagons are open topped, right? The armour is ok but nothing special, and
if it gets popped you'll lose the bulk of this mob. Be careful.

> 9xBurna Boyz with 1 Mek with Field and Slugga
> Comments: 2nd field, these guys help protect the...
>
> 20xSlugga Boyz

If this is truly a shooty ork army, you want three rokkits or big shootas in
here.

> 15xGretchin+Slaver+Squighound
> Comments: These guys are to stay at the front and force priority checks
> for shooting. With the protection of either KFF they stay around for
> quite a while too

Priority checks are stupidly easy to pass, I wouldn't rely on them. For a
shooty ork army, give the slaver a gun of some sort.

> -*FAST*-
>
> 2xBuggies/Trakks with armor plates and scorcha
> Comments: Zip around and scorch various targets. Also adds more vehicle
> type targets to shoot at.

Good cheap distraction.

> -*HEAVY*-
>
> Looted Russ with Armor Plates and Heavy Bolter
> Comments: usually people will go crazy trying to kill this, but it it
> tough enough to hold out for a turn or two and that Battle cannon does a
> lot of damage. Also templates for Orks are good

I don't use one, but it'll pull in alot of fire that would otherwise be
popping your lighter vehicles, so might work nicely.

> Gunwagon with Armor/Kannon
> Comments: Tankbustas catch a ride in this, which makes it a mobile tank
> killing machine with armor that isnt paper thin. Also kannon with its
> frag and krak rounds is somewhat versitile.
>
> 1500pts 84 models.

Tim
--
----------------
Criticizing the current administration is a treasonable offence!

www.rgmw.org - the RGMW FAQ, ignore at your peril!

Currently listening to: 'R.E.H.A.B' - Alabama 3

Brant M wrote:
> "Dogboy" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:crt8fu$7aj$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>
>>Brant M wrote:
>

>>Ive never really been sold on the idea of Ammo runts, paying 4 points to
>>twin link your weapon once (whether it works or not) with a BS2 Ork
>>doesnt seem to me like a good deal. However a lot of people seem to use
>>them so maybe there is something I am missing?.
>>
>>Maybe if I was in a situation where I absolutely needed to hit something
>>with shooting then an ammo runt would be good, but I have learnt not to
>>trust Ork shooting at all.
>

> That's precisely the point. You put the ammo runts where they will be the
> most useful (i.e. in a tankbusta's squad or other Rokkit Launchas). That
> way you will effectively hit like Marines for one round and you can take out
> something you have to (hellhounds, leman russ exterminators, etc).

Okay, Im starting to be sold on this ammo runt idea. I have a few of
those Big Gun Krew grots that look like they are carrying rokkits and
since I seldom use Big Gunz anymore it would be good to put them to use.

How many runts do you typically take? Just 1 or the maximum 3?

--
Dogboy

"Dogboy" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:cruq4u$dvo$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...

> Okay, Im starting to be sold on this ammo runt idea. I have a few of
> those Big Gun Krew grots that look like they are carrying rokkits and
> since I seldom use Big Gunz anymore it would be good to put them to use.
>
> How many runts do you typically take? Just 1 or the maximum 3?

Take all three, remember anyone in the squad that's in base with the runt
can use it. On that note, you probably can legally use them on Big Gunz as
well (for the shell round of Kannons). They're a very underlooked piece of
wargear IMO.

--
Brant M

>>12xHuntas 1
>>1 Big Shoota
>>
>>12xHuntas 2
>>1 Big Shoota
>>Comments: BS3 fun, Im thinking of adding a Rokkit Launcha to each squad.
>

> Not familiar with the feral Ork rules, but how many big gunz are you allowed
> in this unit, and what's the maximum mob size? 12 strong Ork mobs won't
> stick around for long, and if you can take more big shootas or rokkits, max
> them out.

The maximum mob size for huntas is 30 and 2 models are allowed big guns
(excluding Nobs). Nobs arent really worth it in a huntas squad because
they revert to BS2 when you upgrade them. I will defnitely max out my
big guns in the next version of this list. Its always a matter of
finding the points.

Snakebite Clan rules require you to have 2 huntas squads in your army.

Even at 12 models they are fairly survivable, you can sit them down in
cover and let them shoot. Usually your opponent is more intent on
getting the large Slugga boyz mob that they semi-ignore the huntas.

>>5xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits
>>Comments: These guys ride in the gun wagon
>

> Gunwagons are open topped, right? The armour is ok but nothing special, and
> if it gets popped you'll lose the bulk of this mob. Be careful.

Thats true, but with all the other stuff going on you can usually get
two if not three good turns of shooting before the pressure starts to
really come on.

>>9xBurna Boyz with 1 Mek with Field and Slugga
>>Comments: 2nd field, these guys help protect the...
>>
>>20xSlugga Boyz
>

> If this is truly a shooty ork army, you want three rokkits or big shootas in
> here.

Maybe, I just hate BS2 so much that I would rather have the extra boyz.

>>15xGretchin+Slaver+Squighound
>>Comments: These guys are to stay at the front and force priority checks
>>for shooting. With the protection of either KFF they stay around for
>>quite a while too
>

> Priority checks are stupidly easy to pass, I wouldn't rely on them. For a
> shooty ork army, give the slaver a gun of some sort.

I forgot to mention that the Slaver has a Slugga. This unit is purely
for nuisance/tie up purposes. I tried it out in the last game and it
seemed to work well. Its true that priority checks are stupidly easy to
pass but if your making your opponent do one *every single time* they
want to shoot they will fail a few at least.

With the cover afforded by the force field they are more survivable than
your regular grots and if for some reason the force field isnt
protecting your boyz then the grots themselves can be substituted for
cover. Its all about taking the heat off the boyz as much as possible.

>>-*FAST*-
>>
>>2xBuggies/Trakks with armor plates and scorcha
>>Comments: Zip around and scorch various targets. Also adds more vehicle
>>type targets to shoot at.
>

> Good cheap distraction.

Yep, I find that they will either blow up before doing anything or zip
around for a number of turns. Good for rooting out heavy weapon squads
in cover.

--
Dogboy

Wargame Terrain Generator

Brant M wrote:
> "Dogboy" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:cruq4u$dvo$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>

>>Okay, Im starting to be sold on this ammo runt idea. I have a few of
>>those Big Gun Krew grots that look like they are carrying rokkits and
>>since I seldom use Big Gunz anymore it would be good to put them to use.
>>
>>How many runts do you typically take? Just 1 or the maximum 3?
>

> Take all three, remember anyone in the squad that's in base with the runt
> can use it. On that note, you probably can legally use them on Big Gunz as
> well (for the shell round of Kannons). They're a very underlooked piece of
> wargear IMO.

Turns out that I am a moron. When writing up the list in Excel I
accidentally left the points for a fully tooled up Battlewagon and
various other crud in so that list was more like 1250 points rather than
1500 points.

Here is the real 1500 pt list with various suggestions taken into
consideration.

Note: In some places I havent made the most appropriate decisions, its
usually because I dont *physically* have any (more) of those models left.

-*HQ*- (Same as before)

Warboss with Bionik Arm/Bounce/Eavy/Cybork/Combi Shoota Scorcha/Choppa
and 2 attack squigs

Big Mek with Kustom Force Field/Slugga/Tools/2x Grot Oilers

-*TROOPS*-

13xHuntas 1
2 Big Shootas

14xHuntas 2
1 Big Shoota
1 Burna
(I dont have any more heavy weapons or shoota boys)

6xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits, 3xAmmo Runts
(1 more tank busta)

9xBurna Boyz with 1 Mek with Field and Slugga, 3x Burnas
(Didnt seem right that burna boys didnt have burnas)

29xSlugga Boyz with 1 Nob with Claw/Choppa/Eavy/Bosspole
(9 more boyz with nob)

20xGretchin+Slaver+Squighound+Slugga and CCW
(5 more gretchin)

-*FAST*- (The same)

2xBuggies/Trakks with armor plates and scorcha

-*HEAVY*-

1xKilla Kan with Armor/Rokkit Launcha
(Im not entirely sure about this guy, if anyone has a better suggestion...)

Looted Russ with Armor Plates and Heavy Bolter (Same)

Gunwagon with Armor/Kannon (Same)

1500 pts ~100 models

--
Dogboy

"Dogboy" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:crvok1$78l$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Brant M wrote:
> > "Dogboy" <no@no.com> wrote in message

> Here is the real 1500 pt list with various suggestions taken into
> consideration.
>
> Note: In some places I havent made the most appropriate decisions, its
> usually because I dont *physically* have any (more) of those models left.
>
> -*HQ*- (Same as before)
>
> Warboss with Bionik Arm/Bounce/Eavy/Cybork/Combi Shoota Scorcha/Choppa
> and 2 attack squigs
>
> Big Mek with Kustom Force Field/Slugga/Tools/2x Grot Oilers
>

> -*TROOPS*-
>
> 13xHuntas 1
> 2 Big Shootas
>
> 14xHuntas 2
> 1 Big Shoota
> 1 Burna
> (I dont have any more heavy weapons or shoota boys)

Put this Burna in the Burna Boyz Mob, you're wasting a BS3 Shoota shot to
have it here.

> 6xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits, 3xAmmo Runts
> (1 more tank busta)
>
> 9xBurna Boyz with 1 Mek with Field and Slugga, 3x Burnas
> (Didnt seem right that burna boys didnt have burnas)
>
> 29xSlugga Boyz with 1 Nob with Claw/Choppa/Eavy/Bosspole
> (9 more boyz with nob)

Armor on Nobz in squads is more or less useless now, since they are hit as
part of the squad.

> 20xGretchin+Slaver+Squighound+Slugga and CCW
> (5 more gretchin)
>
> -*FAST*- (The same)
>
> 2xBuggies/Trakks with armor plates and scorcha
>
> -*HEAVY*-
>
> 1xKilla Kan with Armor/Rokkit Launcha
> (Im not entirely sure about this guy, if anyone has a better
suggestion...)

This guy isn't bad, use him in cleanse missions to push people away from
you.

--
Brant M

"Dogboy" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:crv27m$jr4$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...

> >>12xHuntas 1
> >>1 Big Shoota
> >>
> >>12xHuntas 2
> >>1 Big Shoota
> >>Comments: BS3 fun, Im thinking of adding a Rokkit Launcha to each squad.

> > Not familiar with the feral Ork rules, but how many big gunz are you
allowed
> > in this unit, and what's the maximum mob size? 12 strong Ork mobs won't
> > stick around for long, and if you can take more big shootas or rokkits,
max
> > them out.

> The maximum mob size for huntas is 30 and 2 models are allowed big guns
> (excluding Nobs). Nobs arent really worth it in a huntas squad because
> they revert to BS2 when you upgrade them. I will defnitely max out my
> big guns in the next version of this list. Its always a matter of
> finding the points.

> Snakebite Clan rules require you to have 2 huntas squads in your army.
>
> Even at 12 models they are fairly survivable, you can sit them down in
> cover and let them shoot. Usually your opponent is more intent on
> getting the large Slugga boyz mob that they semi-ignore the huntas.

Ok, take an extra big shoota then, or a pair of Rokkitz. I'm guessing the
rest of the mob get shootas? They should be alright if you can rely on
having enough cover to put them in (not everyone can). I'd still be tempted
to push the mob size up to 15 or so though.

> >>5xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits
> >>Comments: These guys ride in the gun wagon

> > Gunwagons are open topped, right? The armour is ok but nothing special,
and
> > if it gets popped you'll lose the bulk of this mob. Be careful.

> Thats true, but with all the other stuff going on you can usually get
> two if not three good turns of shooting before the pressure starts to
> really come on.

They would be my priority targets every time if I was facing them. 4 Rokkits
with (effectively) S9 againts tanks are too scary to ignore, without even
considering the under-rated Kannon on the Gunwagon, and the small mob size
makes them an easy target.

> >>9xBurna Boyz with 1 Mek with Field and Slugga
> >>Comments: 2nd field, these guys help protect the...
> >>
> >>20xSlugga Boyz
> >

> > If this is truly a shooty ork army, you want three rokkits or big
shootas in
> > here.
>
> Maybe, I just hate BS2 so much that I would rather have the extra boyz.

3 Rokkitz cost less than 2 Boyz. As you're not giving the Burna Mob any
burnaz (as I understand it), you could drop a Boy or 2 from there without
losing out much.

> >>15xGretchin+Slaver+Squighound
> >>Comments: These guys are to stay at the front and force priority checks
> >>for shooting. With the protection of either KFF they stay around for
> >>quite a while too

> > Priority checks are stupidly easy to pass, I wouldn't rely on them. For
> > shooty ork army, give the slaver a gun of some sort.
>
> I forgot to mention that the Slaver has a Slugga.

I meant a *real* gun ;-)

My Slaver takes a Kombi-Skorcha with Morr Dakka. The flamer template is a
nasty surprise. I've seen people suggest a Rokkit Launcha for the Slaver, it
makes the otherwise ignorable unit into a threat.

This unit is purely
> for nuisance/tie up purposes. I tried it out in the last game and it
> seemed to work well. Its true that priority checks are stupidly easy to
> pass but if your making your opponent do one *every single time* they
> want to shoot they will fail a few at least.

My Grot mobs never seem to last long enough, even at 30 strong.

Tim
--
----------------
Criticizing the current administration is a treasonable offence!
The dept of "Homeland Security" has been informed of your
activities and will arrive shortly to pick you up. Please wrap
a towel around your head and stand out in front of your home
with a burning US flag so they can find you.
- smithdoer - Usenet out-take

www.rgmw.org - the RGMW FAQ, ignore at your peril!

Currently listening to: 'Spies' - Coldplay

"Dogboy" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:crvok1$78l$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...

> Turns out that I am a moron. When writing up the list in Excel I
> accidentally left the points for a fully tooled up Battlewagon and
> various other crud in so that list was more like 1250 points rather than
> 1500 points.

Heh.

> Here is the real 1500 pt list with various suggestions taken into
> consideration.

> Note: In some places I havent made the most appropriate decisions, its
> usually because I dont *physically* have any (more) of those models left.

> -*TROOPS*-
>
> 13xHuntas 1
> 2 Big Shootas
>
> 14xHuntas 2
> 1 Big Shoota
> 1 Burna
> (I dont have any more heavy weapons or shoota boys)

Make a big shoota out of 2 regular shootas (you must have some left over,
right?).

> 6xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits, 3xAmmo Runts
> (1 more tank busta)

Ok.

> 9xBurna Boyz with 1 Mek with Field and Slugga, 3x Burnas
> (Didnt seem right that burna boys didnt have burnas)

Ok.

> 29xSlugga Boyz with 1 Nob with Claw/Choppa/Eavy/Bosspole
> (9 more boyz with nob)

Its starting to look less like the 'shooty' Ork army you started out with
;-)

> 20xGretchin+Slaver+Squighound+Slugga and CCW
> (5 more gretchin)

Sensible.

> -*FAST*- (The same)
>
> 2xBuggies/Trakks with armor plates and scorcha
>
> -*HEAVY*-
>
> 1xKilla Kan with Armor/Rokkit Launcha
> (Im not entirely sure about this guy, if anyone has a better
suggestion...)

Rubbish on its own, take 3 or 0.

Tim
--
----------------
Criticizing the current administration is a treasonable offence!
The dept of "Homeland Security" has been informed of your
activities and will arrive shortly to pick you up. Please wrap
a towel around your head and stand out in front of your home
with a burning US flag so they can find you.
- smithdoer - Usenet out-take

www.rgmw.org - the RGMW FAQ, ignore at your peril!

Currently listening to: 'Tame' - The Pixies

>>14xHuntas 2
>>1 Big Shoota
>>1 Burna
>>(I dont have any more heavy weapons or shoota boys)
>

> Put this Burna in the Burna Boyz Mob, you're wasting a BS3 Shoota shot to
> have it here.

I dont have any more Shoota boyz to replace him with but he doesnt
belong here anyway. I think I will move him to the Slugga Boyz mob
rather than the burna boyz mob bringing it up to 30 strong and saving me
2 points.

>>6xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits, 3xAmmo Runts
>>(1 more tank busta)
>>
>>9xBurna Boyz with 1 Mek with Field and Slugga, 3x Burnas
>>(Didnt seem right that burna boys didnt have burnas)
>>
>>29xSlugga Boyz with 1 Nob with Claw/Choppa/Eavy/Bosspole
>>(9 more boyz with nob)
>

> Armor on Nobz in squads is more or less useless now, since they are hit as
> part of the squad.

Ahh right, I had forgotten about that.

>>1xKilla Kan with Armor/Rokkit Launcha
>>(Im not entirely sure about this guy, if anyone has a better
>
> suggestion...)
>
> This guy isn't bad, use him in cleanse missions to push people away from
> you.

I figure even more armor cant be bad and with the protection of the KFF
whenever possible he will be a bit more survivable. Plus I havent used
Kans for a while and I kinda miss them.

--
Dogboy

Helicon_One wrote:
>>13xHuntas 1
>>2 Big Shootas
>>
>>14xHuntas 2
>>1 Big Shoota
>>1 Burna
>>(I dont have any more heavy weapons or shoota boys)
>

> Make a big shoota out of 2 regular shootas (you must have some left over,
> right?).

You make a good point. 2 out of my 3 Big shoota boyz are converted like
that. Three of my four Rokkit boyz use the hunting lances from my
converted boar boyz with Rokkits on the end and a stikkbomb arm.

Im tempted to just go out and buy the Eavy Weapon boyz blister.

>>6xTank Bustas, 1 Nob, 4 Rokkits, 3xAmmo Runts
>>(1 more tank busta)
>

> Ok.
>

>>9xBurna Boyz with 1 Mek with Field and Slugga, 3x Burnas
>>(Didnt seem right that burna boys didnt have burnas)
>

> Ok.
>

>>29xSlugga Boyz with 1 Nob with Claw/Choppa/Eavy/Bosspole
>>(9 more boyz with nob)
>

> Its starting to look less like the 'shooty' Ork army you started out with
> ;-)

Indeed. Maybe 'shooty' was the wrong word. 'Technologically advanced'
might have been better. These Orks have been fighting Marines and IG
for years so they have learnt a few tricks. They still like a good fight
but are smart enough to realize the importance of being able to shoot
well and protect the boyz with fields and 'fings.

>>1xKilla Kan with Armor/Rokkit Launcha
>>(Im not entirely sure about this guy, if anyone has a better
>
> suggestion...)

> Rubbish on its own, take 3 or 0.

With a bit of tweaking I could probably scrape up the points to use a
fully fledged dread. But Im not sure if it is worth it AV12 isnt that
much better than AV11 when your opponent really wants to get rid of you.

--
Dogboy