Dec 19, 2021
I just built my PC and I’ve run into this same problem for almost a year, I’ve narrowed it down to two problems, I get a BSOD memory management if I don’t update my GPU drivers, but if I do this then my screen will start to flicker and get multiple 4101 display errors every day doing basic tasks like watching YouTube I’ve tried multiple solutions over the past year disk check hardware acceleration etc. so it seems that I must chose the lesser of two evils, because the PC won’t function on basic Microsoft GPU drivers and I’ve tried multiple different versions of my RTX 3060 drivers

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
we can at least look at whats causing errors without drivers. Might give us a...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
we can at least look at whats causing errors without drivers. Might give us a clue.

Error 4101 - Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered
I had that before and it wasn't the GPU to blame at all, it was just the thing that set it off. It can be caused by USB devices, mine was caused by my mouse. All PCI devices are controlled by the same chip on motherboard so if one is playing up it can cause others to be messed up.

I did same thing as you, for a few weeks. I asked on here, we tried almost everything. At least yours is showing a BSOD, I wasn't getting any of those - that would make it easier.

I only found out when I gave PC to a shop for testing and it ran perfectly for a week with no GPU crashes, so I knew it must have been something I plugged in at home.

Anything old attached to PC? Anything that has always worked before. The only 2 problems I had on my last PC were caused by peripherals dying, Mouse and Speakers. GPU was suspected as cause in both times, seems GPU is most affected by the problem. As a victim, not cause.

Solution
Dec 19, 2021
So I feel as though I fixed the BSOD problem, in my motherboard my COSAIR water cooler was not enabled through my ASUS x570 PRIME PRO motherboard, I just thought whatever and enabled it, not expecting much but as it turned out the 4101 display's had decreased but still happens quite alot... but too my suprise the BSOD has not happened all day I left it on overnight and just came back to work finding the computer still watching youtube and playing videos I'd say its been on for around 15-18 hours straight... any other tips can you help me out with? I will try unplugging my external connections now that the BSOD stopped... Thank you again @Colif again any more advice would be awsome! If I get another BSOD I'll send the mini dump on the fourm edit: as I typed this not a minute later it BSOD to memory managment, Ill get a memory dump together tonight or tomorrow night lmao]

Last edited: