4280ti 128 MB 8x AGP vs FX5600XT

wago

Hi,

My 1 jear old 4200 card was just messed up and my supplier give me an
FX5600XT instead of it. Can anybody tell me de pro's en con's to this
matter.

My first opinion is that the performance is not the same.

TIA
--
Greetz,

Wago
Een hengst die de tafel dekt is nooit grappig.

"Wago" <use_reply_not_this_one@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

" My first opinion is that the performance is not the same. "

You've been Punk'd. I'm guessing that the retailer didn't have any Ti4200
cards to replace your old one. You have to ask, on what grounds does the
5600XT match up to the warranty promise of a replacement Ti4200? Comparable
price? Comparable performance? I'd say that a Ti4200 falls between a 5600
and a 5600 Ultra, but the 5600 XT is a long way behind both of those.

The subject was discussed recently here: http://snipurl.com/65g3

You can check performance comparisons at http://snipurl.com/65gp , and
specification comparisons at http://snipurl.com/65gr .

wago

> Op Tue, 4 May 2004 21:03:10 +0100, tikte Cuzman:

>> "Wago" wrote:
>>
>> " My first opinion is that the performance is not the same. "

> You've been Punk'd. I'm guessing that the retailer didn't have any Ti4200
> cards to replace your old one. You have to ask, on what grounds does the
> 5600XT match up to the warranty promise of a replacement Ti4200? Comparable
> price? Comparable performance? I'd say that a Ti4200 falls between a 5600
> and a 5600 Ultra, but the 5600 XT is a long way behind both of those.
>
> The subject was discussed recently here: http://snipurl.com/65g3
>
> You can check performance comparisons at http://snipurl.com/65gp , and
> specification comparisons at http://snipurl.com/65gr .

Thanx for your reply. I've read the test and i will contact the supplier. I
will tell him that i demand an FX 5700 Ultra DDR2 128 Mb. 128bit 475/900
Mhz or the same card as i had.
--
Greetz,

Wago
Hey baby, let's make a stress-strain curve together.

wago

> Op Tue, 4 May 2004 17:51:58 +0200, tikte Wago:

> Hi,
>
> My 1 jear old 4200 card was just messed up and my supplier give me an
> FX5600XT instead of it. Can anybody tell me de pro's en con's to this
> matter.
>
> My first opinion is that the performance is not the same.
>
> TIA

Thanx for help.

I've today recieved an Chaintech Ti4200 platinum 128 Mb 8x AGP
--
Greetz,

Wago
Op de bus staan te wachten en er dan vanaf vallen, is nooit grappig.

> I've today recieved an Chaintech Ti4200 platinum 128 Mb 8x AGP

Now that's more like it! Good card.

wago

> Op Fri, 7 May 2004 17:55:31 -0400, tikte Mr. Brian Allen:

>> I've today recieved an Chaintech Ti4200 platinum 128 Mb 8x AGP

> Now that's more like it! Good card.

Thanx.

The card btw generates far more noise than the "old" card. He is louder
than the rest of the fans together.
--
Greetz,

Wago

Wago <use_reply_not_this_one@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:<a6y3mhurnfq1$.dlg@www.wago.tk>...
> > Op Fri, 7 May 2004 17:55:31 -0400, tikte Mr. Brian Allen:
>
> >> I've today recieved an Chaintech Ti4200 platinum 128 Mb 8x AGP
>
> > Now that's more like it! Good card.
>
> Thanx.
>
> The card btw generates far more noise than the "old" card. He is louder
> than the rest of the fans together.

It also overclocks much better ( yes that is true..it overclocks much
better ) I heard that the platinum versions where just slowed down
ti4600's....