[SOLVED] 43' 4K TV vs 32' 4K Monitor?

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
Hey all. I like if anyone can give me input on this as I will have to order it by tonight because of cybermonday. I mentioned how i have two 24' l920 x l200 monitors that i use side by side with my dell xps l5 9550 laptop. I play online poker on it so thats why I need at least that resolution. And I read a 4k monitor or tv would allow for even more space to put more tables on it.

I wind it down to two options. My 2 options are

Samsung 43' 4k TV

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B08FBSZ2LX/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AVDBXBAVVSXLQ&psc=1

Samsung 32' 4k Monitor

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/produc...le_1?smid=AVDBXBAVVSXLQ&psc=1#customerReviews

Would i need to worry about other issues with a TV such as input lag, mouse movement and also sitting really close to the TV though? On the poker forums, most still recommend a monitor over a TV... because well a TV is suppose to be for TV use.

Right now I either am getting a 43' 4k tv... or a 32' 4k monitor... price is roughly the same. Now if i get a 43' 4k tv, i think i would only use the tv and not use my 24' monitor because i dont have enough space on my desk for it. Well I think i could put it all the way at the corner and it's back would be on the side wall since i don't have much space on desk. My desk is basically 4 feet wide total only. I put my current 2 monitors on it and my laptop etc.

Now if i get a 32' 4k monitor, well i would be also using one of my 24' monitors along side it.

Also I thought this. With using a 43' 4k tv... when i do things like web browsing and everything else... isn't it going to look weird though and not comfortable as oppose to a monitor? I feel like it wouldn't look as good as a monitor. Also would looking at the text be an issue? Obviously a monitor is meant for looking and reading text.

Do you get eye strain when using a big tv as a monitor? I also sit pretty close to my two 24' monitors. Im less than 2 feet from it. So with a 43' TV, I think i would be sitting at around 2.5 feet to at most 3 feet from it. So would using it be a bit awkward?

Right now im kinda leaning toward just getting a 32' 4k monitor and using it with one of my 24' 1920x1200 monitors. Do you agree/disagree with this?

I will say... if i could get two 32' 4k monitors and use them side by side, that would be probably the ideal situation. But I also don't want to spend that much money on it.

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
I use TVs for gaming and web browsing and think they work great.
I run a 65" at 4k and a 55" at 1080p.
I run the TVS right along side monitors....and I don't think the monitors are all that much better.

Hi. But how many hours are you looking at it daily? I would be staring at it more than half a full day at least. So you dont get eye strain or anything like that?

Also don't you have to look up a lot since its that big of a TV? I heard 43' should be the max tv size you use on a regular table/desk... anything higher should be curved...

So same price... you say take the TV over the monitor then?

Hi. But how many hours are you looking at it daily? I would be staring at it more than half a full day at least. So you dont get eye strain or anything like that?

Also don't you have to look up a lot since its that big of a TV? I heard 43' should be the max tv size you use on a regular table/desk... anything higher should be curved...

So same price... you say take the TV over the monitor then?
Some days....I look at it maybe 4-6 hours. I don't get eye strain.
I sit about 5-6 feet from the 65" and 4-5 feet from the 55".
My eyes are level with the middle of the TV so I don't look up.
As far as being curved....I don't feel the need for it to be curved.
As I said....I have monitors along side the TVs....I don't think the monitors are all that much better.
I actually prefer to look at the TV because it's BIG.

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
Hey. Is your eyes support to be at the middle of the TV? I thought i read with monitors, you are suppose to have it at the top of the monitor. So a TV is obviously much different then?

Would you say better to get the tv? For me, i feel 43' is the biggest size i can put as 50' would be way too big.

Hey. Is your eyes support to be at the middle of the TV? I thought i read with monitors, you are suppose to have it at the top of the monitor. So a TV is obviously much different then?

Would you say better to get the tv? For me, i feel 43' is the biggest size i can put as 50' would be way too big.
I have my eyes at the middle and that works great for me.
As I said...I use monitors and TVs...I think TVs work pretty damn good.
My 4K one is a Sony Bravia.....the other one is an Hitachi I don't know the model.

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
I have my eyes at the middle and that works great for me.
As I said...I use monitors and TVs...I think TVs work pretty damn good.
My 4K one is a Sony Bravia.....the other one is an Hitachi I don't know the model.

Hey thanks. But how big is your desk though? My desk is only four feet wide... two feet long. So would that be small for the tv though?

What do others here think? The 43' 4K TV vs 32' 4K Monitor?

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
The thing is if i get the TV... i will most likely use it by itself or try to use it with one of my current monitors but not sure i have enough space on desk for the monitor. If i get the big monitor... i know i would use it with one of my monitors. But also... i think in the future... i could use all three monitors right if i get a docking station? Thus imagine the new big monitor in the middle and the two monitors... each one diagonally to the left/right of it?

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
Okay so i purchased the 32" monitor online and will be receiving it sometime soon.

So my plan would be to use the new monitor with one of my current monitors. Now if i want to use both my current monitors and the new monitor... to have three external monitors...

What is the exact product i need to buy? Is it the docking station?

I saw some products on amazon that are a bit cheaper... but would that work?

Again right now im using two 24' l920 x l200 monitor side by side

And when i get the 32" 4k monitor, my plan was to use just one of them with this one... but if i want to use all three... what are my options? Can someone here post the exact product I would need? The thing is though in this situation... only one of my monitor is 4k.

I heard that no matter what docking station you buy etc... if you wanted to have three external monitors... you can only have max two monitors at 4k is that right? Of course im not counting the laptop display as a monitor.

TRENDING THREADS