[SOLVED] 450 watt psu enough for rx270?

singh.rs.rohan49

Prominent
Sep 2, 2018
I want to know which graphics card is suitable for my current built i have ryzen 2200g, cossair 8gb ram (single stic) asus a320m -k mother board and antec 450watt psu..
Other hardware plugged in are- my graphic pentablet mouse keyboard, external hdd 2tb , usb wifi, and a gamepad .
I've checked the psu websites for calculating all these.. but real liffe situations sometimes matter.. just want your opinion. Is rx 570 will ok or should i go for 1050 ti? Thanks for reading.

Solution
If you got an RX 570 I'd definitely undervolt it. Could even maybe underclock it a bit, should still perform better than a 165 regardless. If you do that your PSU should be able to manage for the time being, although getting a new, better PSU isn't a bad idea no matter what graphics card you go with.
The 570 needs 450w minimum, which your psu meets, however, that is a low end psu without any 80+ certification, that i would not use with a power hungry gpu. Also the antec lacks any pcie power connectors, which a 570 requires.
So NO, that psu cannot power a 570.

I would suggest an upgrade to a psu like a corsair cx550.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurtisdede

singh.rs.rohan49

Prominent
Sep 2, 2018

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Not every psu has pcie. Even some supposedly high wattage units like 750w have only 1x 6pin pcie. It just shows how much faith the vendor has in the unit. It's pretty sad.
The BP450 was intended as a factory replacement for APU, non gpu, type pcs. It does have a single chain 6pin/6+2pin, so not something I'd push a power hungry card requiring 225w.

With a Rx570, your whole pc under a gaming load will pull @ 300w±, so it'll be fine. With a 1050ti it'd be closer to 200w gaming loads. So either way is OK, the 570 is marginally stronger, but your limits will more than likely be set by the low end mobo, and inability of the APU to use much of anything.

Ryzens love fast ram in dual channel. You have slow ram, single channel. You have a A320 mobo, so no hope of OC to bump clock speeds, you have a 2200G which half the die is dedicated to a now useless Vega graphics. To get the cores, something had to be sacrificed, namely the Lcache, which affects multiple things.

So while you'll get good graphics from the 1050ti or 570, don't expect miricle fps, your pc isn't setup for that and will fight you on it.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

singh.rs.rohan49

Prominent
Sep 2, 2018
Not every psu has pcie. Even some supposedly high wattage units like 750w have only 1x 6pin pcie. It just shows how much faith the vendor has in the unit. It's pretty sad.
The BP450 was intended as a factory replacement for APU, non gpu, type pcs. It does have a single chain 6pin/6+2pin, so not something I'd push a power hungry card requiring 225w.

With a Rx570, your whole pc under a gaming load will pull @ 300w±, so it'll be fine. With a 1050ti it'd be closer to 200w gaming loads. So either way is OK, the 570 is marginally stronger, but your limits will more than likely be set by the low end mobo, and inability of the APU to use much of anything.

Ryzens love fast ram in dual channel. You have slow ram, single channel. You have a A320 mobo, so no hope of OC to bump clock speeds, you have a 2200G which half the die is dedicated to a now useless Vega graphics. To get the cores, something had to be sacrificed, namely the Lcache, which affects multiple things.

So while you'll get good graphics from the 1050ti or 570, don't expect miricle fps, your pc isn't setup for that and will fight you on it.
I will buy another ram to make it dual channel.. and I don't want to overclock either.. and if the rx570 takes more power.. then i will choose 1050ti.. and yes i know i wont make big difference frame rates will be same but graphics will be increased.. i just want little performance jump.. so i think i will go with 1050ti.. and please tell me if there's a better gpu available who takes less power but better than 1050ti.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
If you got an RX 570 I'd definitely undervolt it. Could even maybe underclock it a bit, should still perform better than a 165 regardless. If you do that your PSU should be able to manage for the time being, although getting a new, better PSU isn't a bad idea no matter what graphics card you go with.

Reactions: singh.rs.rohan49
Solution