[SOLVED] 450W PSU enough for rx 470 8gb?

Solution
but if i dont overclock it should be fine? even with this psu. I spend all of my money, i cant get a new psu

I would absolutely not. It's a low-quality power supply and leaves you at risk of having to buy a new GPU and a new PSU later.

That's why it makes sense to ask about a PSU before you buy the GPU that leaves you without the budget for a safe PSU.

Giorici

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
A quality 450W one would be, this one is not. This PSU only has 324W of +12V power and the passive PFC means this is a 25 year-old design unsuitable for any remotely modern PC. Dai-Tech/nJoy is also infamous for fake 80 Plus badges.
but if i dont overclock it should be fine? even with this psu. I spend all of my money, i cant get a new psu

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I would absolutely not. It's a low-quality power supply and leaves you at risk of having to buy a new GPU and a new PSU later.

That's why it makes sense to ask about a PSU before you buy the GPU that leaves you without the budget for a safe PSU.

Solution

bignastyid

Titan

OP was told twice in Feburary it was garbage.
Guess the op is just looking for some idiot to tell them it's ok.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i like how on the amd site it says i need minimum 450w for rx 470, and u smart idiots say it wont run

You don't actually have a 450W power supply, unless it's 1997. Is it 1997? This is an ancient design that has been outdated for 20 years. +12V power is what matters.

Regardless, it's your risk. It's not my PC that you'll ruin with your junk firestarter, it's yours. You're an adult; do what you want.

Giorici

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
Lmao im playing with this gpu for 3 days, each day 10+ hours of gaming, with this 450W PSU, The temperature didn't pass 75 degrees ( 167 F) And DIDN'T EVEN PASS THE 100W Power Consumption