[SOLVED] 450w rosewill power supply included with case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Rosewill makes power supplies but they are all over the place with quality. Given the price of the case and PSU, don't expect much, though it's most likely not the worst thing in the world. The voltage switch at the back makes me think its an old and cheap design.

I googled the Model number "Rosewill NE450" and I didn't find any information really.

It does have a PCIe 6+2 pin which might be useful.

I wouldn't put much hope in it. It might be ok for a basic system tho.
Rosewill makes power supplies but they are all over the place with quality. Given the price of the case and PSU, don't expect much, though it's most likely not the worst thing in the world. The voltage switch at the back makes me think its an old and cheap design.

I googled the Model number "Rosewill NE450" and I didn't find any information really.

It does have a PCIe 6+2 pin which might be useful.

I wouldn't put much hope in it. It might be ok for a basic system tho.

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

don't ever go cheap on your power supply. too much money in the pc is riding on it. it's like buying the crappiest cheapest tires

i wouldn't trust my pc hardware to it. you are asking for trouble

D

Deleted member 14196

I know that. I’m a big power-supply conscious guy, but this is a pretty dang cheap PC.
so when it goes belly up you are ok with spending another 250++ dollars on a replacement? There are good 80 dollar psus. it's ok to have a budget, just still be reasonable

It's an ancient PSU. Look at the back. It even has a 115/230V switch. I wouldn't use it to power a digital clock.
I did see that. I also noticed the 12v rail wasn't very strong for a 450w unit.
I wouldn't recommend it.

But honestly, since I have started flipping computers I understand a little more why OEMs use the PSUs they do, though I don't stoop to the level that many OEMs do, and I don't think I have used anything quite this bad.

Maybe not 2 years ago, but right now it is very hard to get a PSU that is at a reasonable price.

So I see the appeal of this unit due to the price.

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
soo... yes or no?
I'd be up to finding a decent PSU with a 6+2 pin connector if it's around $30. Just, really tight budget here, and it's actually a challenge between me and another guy. Im pretty sure he'll win if i don't have a moderate GPU budget. I'm already probably gonna pay a little too much for the CPU+mobo+ram so im in between a rock and a hard place.

Status
Not open for further replies.