hemir1

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
which mobos support the new 45nm chips as well as the older 65nm's? i will not be getting a 45nm chip with this mobo till the prices come down and will be running a 65nm chip.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Gigabyte P35 and Intel's newest X38. I bought the Asus P5E and its a very good motherboard for 45nm CPU's. Stay away from Asus P35 mobo's, tooo0 many problems. "Asus makes great mobo's but sometimes they stray off course a little and end up losing lifetime customers".

hemir1

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
after dealing with the mobo mess with intel i think i may go AMD, can anyone talk me out of it, the AMD mobos seem to not need such a big time upgrade for every new proc.

heh everyone seems forget how many sockets the K8 has used - 939, 940, 754, another 940 and the rest - no platform has a solid future - even the AM2 is apparently having issues like the Prescott days where the regulators aren't up to the task of powering the new quad core past 2.4ghz, not to say intel is any better - the P3 days exposed the deliberate changes to stop cheap upgrades - a minor pin cut and a wire allowed modders to keep existing BX motherboards working for another generation.

If you ask me when you upgrade the cpu, you usually have to upgrade the motherboard too - fact of history and computers.

On the upside apparently my ASUS P5B Deluxe/Wifi App supports the new 45nm cpus, im hoping is not another one of those "newer revision" things.