460 GTX on Asus P5W-DH Deluxe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poderoso

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Hi all, is the combination on the title possible? Anyone tried it? I've checked the specs on the Asus and nVidia sites, the only discrepancy I noticed is that Asus says the mobo has a 16x PCI slot, and nVidia says the card goes on a 16x 2.0 pci slot.

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to do my next upgrade a few components at a time, the GPU being the first. Next, OS and SSD, then when I can buy the mobo - case - ram, I'll migrate the components over. That's the plan anyways...

Poderoso

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

@Helltech, thank you for your reply.

650Watt Cooler Master PSU, just bought it recently. I wasn't thinking about really using this rig for anything newer, until now. Hopefully it's good enough.

Extreme series packs a powerful punch by delivering stable streams of power through dual +12v outputs. Our Extreme power supplies provides over 70% efficiency at typical loading and meet Energy Star and Blue Angel requirements. With a life-time of 100,000 hours and protection for OVP/OCP/OPP/SCP, these power units are made to last.

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=5924&category_id=27

Poderoso

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

That's really good to know. So, if the PSU I posted above is good enough, I should be good to go. Do either of you know if the PSU mentioned is acceptable?

Thanks.

The specs suggest that it can handle a GTX 460.. But beware, its an old PSU with very low efficiency and other parameters.. CoolerMaster PSU's have never been that great ever (may be the UCP series).. Its an acbel design which is not so good either.. If you are already running it then i can't say much, you'll have better knowledge than me.. Just try to upgrade to something better as soon as possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.