4690k and 980 ti safe overclock?

G

Hello!
I have the 4690k and the 980 ti, and I am wondering what overclock settings will last me for 4-5 years. For the CPU, my vcore is 1.215, input voltage 1.8, and 4.3 GHz. I have a bad ocing chip, my luck I suppose. How long will it last? Not in game performance, but until I get crashes and the CPU slowly dies. Btw, I ran at 1.32 volts for like 5 hours, and ran at 1.295 for about 30 hours total. Also, once I accendientaly put in 1.9 volts, but only for like 2 seconds, before booting into the opperating system. For my 980 ti, I gone with 1350 core, %110 power limit, and the rest stock. How long will it last? And if I don't touch he voltage, will I be fine?

Solution
Max CPU Configuration 1
TCASE 72.72°C
Package Size 37.5mm x 37.5mm
Graphics and IMC Lithography 22 nm
Sockets Supported FCLGA1150
Low Halogen Options Available See MDDS

if we go by package specs which are fairly liberal in my opinion. 72 degrees and lower would be the sweet spot. considering prime 95 is more on the extreme side of actual cpu loads. You seem to be in the sweet spot. What are your temps under load while gaming? I'd try and shoot around 69-65 ish range if you're trying to go for longevity of a device.

Regarding gpu's the 980 ti from what i've seen can easily be pushed to 1400mhz. But i don't know about the longevity of the device, whenever you're overclocking you're pushing parts past what their rated or designed to...

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014
Max CPU Configuration 1
TCASE 72.72°C
Package Size 37.5mm x 37.5mm
Graphics and IMC Lithography 22 nm
Sockets Supported FCLGA1150
Low Halogen Options Available See MDDS

if we go by package specs which are fairly liberal in my opinion. 72 degrees and lower would be the sweet spot. considering prime 95 is more on the extreme side of actual cpu loads. You seem to be in the sweet spot. What are your temps under load while gaming? I'd try and shoot around 69-65 ish range if you're trying to go for longevity of a device.

Regarding gpu's the 980 ti from what i've seen can easily be pushed to 1400mhz. But i don't know about the longevity of the device, whenever you're overclocking you're pushing parts past what their rated or designed to handle, some parts can handle more some can't. It's hard to tell how long a card will last at high specs, but since a lot of 980 ti's are pretty much at 1300mhz stock out of the factory i think pushing it in that 1300-1400 mhz range without changing stock voltage is perfectly safe. It shouldn't kill life expectancy by too much.

Solution
G

I have the prime 95 that produces unrealistically high temps. While gaming, it is either the low or high 60s. The 980 ti is at 80c while gaming. Thanks for helping?

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014

is it a reference card because my g1 doesn't hit nearly that high at 1300mhz barely even peaks the 60's most of the time.