4690k in upcoming years

Suspect_0

Reputable
May 25, 2017
Hi folks,

I'm starting to prepare for introducing some changes in my build.

Right now I'm running on:

- 4690k OCd to 4.60 GHz with really nice temps on 1.25 V

- GTX 1060 6 GB OCd to 1695 MHz on GPU clock and 2252 on Memory

- DDR 3 1333 MHz OCd to 1600 MHz (runs on 1800 well too)

The question is if 4690k will serve me well for next 1 to 2 years?
I wanted to upgrade it to 8600k but then I realized that maybe simply buying better GPU like 1070 would be a better option to spend my money.
I'm playing only 1080p/60 FPS (mostly AAAs) and the goal is to get the best value for the money.

What do you think about this?
Buying new CPU+mobo+ram would be a better option for the upcoming time? Or maybe 1070 is the way I should be looking at?

Thanks!

Suspect_0

Reputable
May 25, 2017

That's a great idea but still, even then I'll have the same dilemma what would be the better option :)

You don't need to upgrade your CPU really, unless you are doing high intensive work loadsm, then the cpu does struggle, but for gaming, I am sure you have 1-2 years left so only a GPU upgrade will benefit you up to a point.

As for when the new GPU's come out, I am sure it won't be until October.

Suspect_0

Reputable
May 25, 2017
Hmm so it looks like this was a good place to leave my question :)

I'm worrying that games are more and more CPU demanding and from my observations in newest titles it's the processor that's taking the biggest hit.

If it's from f**ked up optimization that's another case.

But, other thing that created some questions in my head is that I'll need to replace not only 1 part but 3/4 of my rig - CPU, mobo and ram...

And yeah, I only use my pc for single player gaming. No streaming, no complicated video editing. Just enjoying new titles :)