Question 47 LED AIO + 24 LED RGB strip to 1 ARGB header

Oct 22, 2020
Will the above work?

1. I read that 1 ARGB header supports up to 60 diodes
  2. I want to connect Lian Li GALAHAD 360 AiO (47 LED diodes) and 2 RGB light strips (12x2 LED diodes), giving a total of 71 LED diodes
  3. Technically I've hit the max, but this can't be a new problem since so many builds uses way more LED than this. How do I solve this?

Here's the problem you can run into....
Many motherboards don't tell you how many LEDs a header supports.
Have you look to see if yours tells you?
What MB do you have?

When they don't tell you...a general rule that is used pretty often is to assume that the maximum is 1 amp because many times it is 1 amp. I have yet to run into one that had a specification of less than one amp.

Oct 22, 2020
Here's the problem you can run into....
Many motherboards don't tell you how many LEDs a header supports.
Have you look to see if yours tells you?
What MB do you have?

When they don't tell you...a general rule that is used pretty often is to assume that the maximum is 1 amp because many times it is 1 amp. I have yet to run into one that had a specification of less than one amp.

I am intending to get ASUS TUF and it seems to be rated for 3A (not listed in specifications), but capped to 60 diodes in Aura Sync software?

Getting Gigabyte AORUS would solve this (2x addressable RGB header) but RGB Fusion is bad and doesn't let you customize individual diode color on the LED strip, which is the point of this build in the first place.

I am intending to get ASUS TUF and it seems to be rated for 3A (not listed in specifications), but capped to 60 diodes in Aura Sync software?

Getting Gigabyte AORUS would solve this (2x addressable RGB header) but RGB Fusion is bad and doesn't let you customize individual diode color on the LED strip, which is the point of this build in the first place.
I am seeing 3 amps as well....not in the specs....but in comments people have made....not sure how they know this. I'm not familiar with the 60 diode software limit however.

I think as long as you stay under three amps (if that truly is the limit) you aren't going to damage any hardware....although the software may not like it....but the software may not be able to tell.

TRENDING THREADS