4790k @ 4.7GHz temp and voltage ok?

Mar 6, 2018
So I'm very new to the overclocking scene. I managed to overclock my 4790k to 4.7GHz and I wonder if the temps and voltage numbers are ok? Picture is after running Prime95 (version 26.6 i think it was) for 2 hours: https://imgur.com/a/HugCcPN

Edit: was getting concerned about the "TMPIN2" temp as I've got no idea what that is and if its too hot

Solution
71113zar,

4.7 is a decent overclock on a 4790K. The maximum recommended Vcore for 22 nanometer processors is 1.300, so your voltage is OK. Prime95 v26.6 Small FFT's is best for thermal testing, so hopefully that's what you ran.

Here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures...

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from 71113zar : "4790k @ 4.7GHz temp and voltage ok?"

CompuTronix

Intel Master
71113zar,

4.7 is a decent overclock on a 4790K. The maximum recommended Vcore for 22 nanometer processors is 1.300, so your voltage is OK. Prime95 v26.6 Small FFT's is best for thermal testing, so hopefully that's what you ran.

Here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

Core temperatures increase and decrease with Ambient temperature.

Without knowing your ambient (room) temperature or what cooler you're running, your screenshot shows that peak Core temperatures are on the edge of toasty, so it's a little marginal.

The 4790K is 88 Watts TDP (Thermal Design Power). Since your peak power is nearly 120 Watts on the package and over 110 Watts on the Cores, your temperatures are about what I would expect to see during summer ambient temperatures.

Also, "TMPIN2" is most likely the voltage regulators (VRM), which is also OK.

You might want to read this: Intel CPU Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

CT :sol:

Solution