Question 4790k, mobo and memory?

LetsPlayThisBro

Honorable
Mar 14, 2015
I don't know where to post this but being that the CPU is the primary component I thought I'd ask here before trying to sell anything in the Classifieds section.

I want to sell all three together as a barebones starter for someone because I don't think the mobo will sell singularly, nor the memory. Does that make sense or would it be better to break them up? I'm new to this so any guidance would be appreciated.

I haven't assembled my new PC yet, but when I do those are the three components I'm looking to sell. For the record I also have a used case it was all in, but I don't think anyone wants a Corsair 550D, it's a really odd layout.

LetsPlayThisBro

Honorable
Mar 14, 2015
I think that your instinct is correct, selling the motherboard, memory and CPU together will probably be easiest. List it in the Classified forum and see how it goes.
Thanks, I'm going to, but not quite yet. Don't know what to do with the case. Don't know that I have all the parts to it. Might just see what they'll give me for it at the scrap metal place that front panel is brushed aluminum and it's not light.

RealBeast

Titan
Thanks, I'm going to, but not quite yet. Don't know what to do with the case. Don't know that I have all the parts to it. Might just see what they'll give me for it at the scrap metal place that front panel is brushed aluminum and it's not light.
Yeah, I have a lot of old cases that date back to IBM 386 machines, I gave the old 286 cases to my brother in law a few years ago, but still have a big box of floppy drives (the real 5.25 drives). I'm a part hoarder. ;) I need to live somewhere that they have a swap meet where I might get a few bucks for some of this junk.

Reactions: LetsPlayThisBro
If it's a working, usable case, don't scrap it, but just give it away or sell it locally. Working hardware deserves to keep working. :)

Reactions: LetsPlayThisBro

Turtle Rig

Prominent
Jun 23, 2020
What DDR3 RAM do you have because I just sold mine for $110 for a 32 GB Corsair vengeance kit I also have another 32GB kit and I'm going to sell that as well and it'll go for $110 and then I sold my 4930k CPU for $90 sell them separately in my opinion Good luck
(y)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS