[SOLVED] 4800x 5800x

RagedAPE

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
3070 vs 3080 at 1080p will they get the same frames making the 3080 a bad purchase? I am looking at the 240hz monitors and 360hz monitors plus most frames I can get.

Also the same question for 1440p which card is best for max frames, if you don't mind answering 2 questions.
Kind regards

Solution
For the time been. I like the price to performance ratio of the RTX 3080, specilly if you look at the RTX 2080 Super and 2080TI. I do not like the amount of power need it to achieve that performance.

At the same time, I feel that if not in a hurry I would wait. Zen 3 should launch in October 8 and reviews will be available around the corner. As for GPUs, RDNA2 launch is on October 28, and depending on what AMD may have under thier sleeves we could at least see similar performance in 108p and 1440p to what the RTX 3080 can deliever. And you may get that amount of performance at a lower power consumption and most likely a lowerish price. (I could be wrong, but if we talk about leaks, thats what we have to work with for now)

Would AMD...

RagedAPE

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
It will be gpu's but I am trying to theoretically pretend I have a 4800x since the leak yesterday made them look really powerful.

I have the budget for both cards saved up a long time for this build. But I am really thinking is it worth it to go 3080 since I am not doing 4k gaming at all.

For the time been. I like the price to performance ratio of the RTX 3080, specilly if you look at the RTX 2080 Super and 2080TI. I do not like the amount of power need it to achieve that performance.

At the same time, I feel that if not in a hurry I would wait. Zen 3 should launch in October 8 and reviews will be available around the corner. As for GPUs, RDNA2 launch is on October 28, and depending on what AMD may have under thier sleeves we could at least see similar performance in 108p and 1440p to what the RTX 3080 can deliever. And you may get that amount of performance at a lower power consumption and most likely a lowerish price. (I could be wrong, but if we talk about leaks, thats what we have to work with for now)

Would AMD RDN2 be altogheter better than Amphere?, probably not, imposible to know yet. But considering how Amphere is more like a Heavy Computing GPU that happends to be good at gaming, while RDN2 is more like a gaming GPU in the "classic" design way, it will be really intersting to see what happend.

Im really excited with all this launches. It will very nice to read and watch the tech stuff I love the most, CPUs and GPUs!

Solution