RagedAPE

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
currently I can get a 3800XT for £389 or a 3900X for £479

When their counterparts come out the 4800X or the 4900X will there be a price rise on them or will they stay the same as above?

I am just after educated guesses from people who know this industry and what normally happens in the past.

Kind regards

Ape

Solution
I wonder whether you can look at AMD's previous marketing tactics for guidance with this release. If the performance of Zen 3 lives up to leaked data, it looks like this processor will be undisputed king. And with Intel's current troubles, and AMD's cadence of releases (Zen 4 on the horizon already? Zen 5 not just a pipedream?) it may be a while before Intel can get back in it.

So...if AMD were smart...price Zen 3 HIGH, maybe even keep Zen 2 where it is as the 'value' lineup. Intel will still be leaking market share and the margins can be used to fuel AMD's never ending hunger for technical innovation to stay in the lead. Intel won't rest.

And oh yes...use it to help the Radeon group put out a truely top-performing product (like a...
I wonder whether you can look at AMD's previous marketing tactics for guidance with this release. If the performance of Zen 3 lives up to leaked data, it looks like this processor will be undisputed king. And with Intel's current troubles, and AMD's cadence of releases (Zen 4 on the horizon already? Zen 5 not just a pipedream?) it may be a while before Intel can get back in it.

So...if AMD were smart...price Zen 3 HIGH, maybe even keep Zen 2 where it is as the 'value' lineup. Intel will still be leaking market share and the margins can be used to fuel AMD's never ending hunger for technical innovation to stay in the lead. Intel won't rest.

And oh yes...use it to help the Radeon group put out a truely top-performing product (like a 3090) to get attention. Missteps aside, Radeons are almost always excellent mid-range cards that should get much better sales. They may not make economic, or energy consumption, sense but those top end cards help with getting attention and be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Solution