4830 driver issues..or something?

Seanydude678

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
I've recently been having issues with my resolution, I was in the middle of playing cod4 and my game crashed. Something about a direct x issue. I thought nothing of it and exited, planning to do something else anyway. The next time i started my computer though I wasn't able to change my resolution back to it's native res (1680x1050).

I've reinstalled my drivers, reformatted and reinstalled windows (vista ultimate 64) even switched video cards to a different 4830.

I can't play games anymore, I can't change the theme to aero, all I can do is the most basic functions such as web browsing.

I went to device manager and for my ati radeon HD 4800 series properties, this comes up under device status

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I check for solutions but all I can do is send my problem to microsoft. I'm desperate to fix this, I'm an avid gamer and I haven't been able to play for days.