486DX2-66-V/Micronics JX-30 latest Bios

marie

Hello

I'm helping some friends out by restoring a vintage 486Dx2-66V (9/9/1993) to
recover some archived data under software that would only run under Win 3.x
and needs to see a proprietary ISA board to load. There's no interest in
hotrodding the machine or upgrading it, just getting it to run and read a
box of disks. The original IDE 341 meg drive is dead and the smallest that I
have on hand is an old Connor 810 meg drive. The board has a dead battery in
the Dallas RTC, but entering values after start-up into the bios gets the
board talking with the floppy and boots ok to dos, so it looks like we're
ok. The board has external battery support anyways. My problem at this point
is really simple, but I can't really find a straight answer on the web. What
I need to know is what was the last flash bios revision?Gateway's support is
useless and Diamond/Micronics links appear to be history. There appears to
be plenty of websites with JX-30 board layouts and jumper info, but nothing
with a manual, bios ugrading or recovery. I've found a bios recovery utility
and several websites with bios images. This board (Micronics p/n 09-00183-03
Rev B1 ) has a current bios of .1 dated 1/15/88. While I haven't tried it,
I'm fairly positive that a bios dated this early wouldn't support anything
over 540 meg. If anyone would know what the last bios image was and if the
board requires IDE drivers would greatly be appreciated.

TIA,

Marie

The last JX30 BIOS is JX30-06. I'm fairly certain that even the original JX30
BIOS supported hard drives up to 2.1GB. Give it a try. If not, send me an
email, and I can send you the JX30-06 BIOS I have squirreled away here in my
computer unless you have gotten a copy elsewhere... Ben Myers