4870x2 running at 507mhz core 500mhz memory

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Just played crysis demo so I know that there was good load. CCC showed 98% load when playing but the clocks never went up from 507 GPU 500 memory. Also when I alt+tab out of crysis it couldn't get it to go back into full screen. Any ideas?

Should I go into overdrive and force it to stock speeds?

I read somewhere about someone being stuck in windowed mode on their games, but I cant seem to find the thread about it.

Thanks

BTW: Crysis 1600x1200 all settings very high was playable in vista

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Anyone have any ideas? Using GPUZ 2.7 core 1 shows speeds of 750 and 900 (correct speeds) but core two shows speeds of 507 and 500. Obviously things are not right.

First off, windowed shows lower clocks, not in full, but sometimes your card will stick in 2D mode until youve actually gone into a #d mode, and then go back to 2D, then it should clear it up. One person suggests to simply oc it, and it all goes away. I dont have the card, but thats what Ive read so far on this. Try a slight oc and then check your clocks, supposedly that fixes it

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Using CCC I enabled ATI Overdrive and set core to 757 and memory to 915, tested custom clocks and accepted them. Hit apply, restarted computer and CPUZ still shows 750 core and 900 mem on gpu 1 and 507 and 500 on gpu 2. Strange.

I loaded a game (warcraft 3) and gpuz reports both gpus at stock speeds now, but not showing the overclocked speeds that I set in CCC. Am I missing a step here to get this overclocked?

Yea, but I cant remember how to lock it in. Sorry. Ive been chasing the "stuck" readout all over the web. One of the problems is, W1zzard, over at TPU says ATI changes the way their clock readouts are read with every driver, so, Im thinking the rest is just a bad read by your SW. Not sure tho, but its all Ive got so far