4890 Performance Issue, Anyone Ever Solve?

jacksandall

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Alrite, so i just got this brand new xfx 4890 to replace my gtx 280, and i'm experiencing poor fps in most games.

For example, on WoW, I get extremely varying FPS (jumping from 20 to 50 any anywhere in between). And when its steady its never above ~45, which really should be 60.

Searched various threads but to no avail.

All drivers are up to date, swept and removed all nvidia drivers in safe mode before installing.

AAA and AI are also turned off on CCC.

Current rig:

1090T @ 3.2 (removed the OC)
4gb DDR3 RAM running at 1.6k and 11-11-11-29 speeds (had to set all timings to auto since i was experiencing crashes under load and i couldn't determine what was wrong)
550Watt PSU
(1400x900 native)

Make sure the card is working in 3D mode and not running with its 2D clocks. Beyond that there isn't much you can do but also make sure the cpu is running at max clocks as well and not idling all but two of the cores since windows will try to distribute the load over all the cores when wow is running. I have tinkered around with this game and got 700 hours gameplay on one of my chars so I know a lot about wow. 6 accounts 60-70 chars on multiple realms.

jacksandall

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010

only Crysis, gets about 20-30 on highest, which is what I would expect. But WoW, Assassin's Creed and Starcraft all get poor fps

You mentioned that AAA and AI are both off in CCC,have you changed other settings too ? also turn on AI and see if it helps.
Make sure that V-sync is OFF in the game options.