Question 4G Modem works on win 11

Sep 10, 2022
Hello everyone,

I'm searching for a mobile method to connect my pc to internet while I'm in public transportation or waiting room or out in general.

i remember back in the days there were modems that works with phone SIM card, that provides internet one's it's plugged in.

so i like this idea, but

where I'm from, i couldn't find a 4G modem that has driver works for windows 11

i found old 3g modems i bought one, but i faced drivers compatibility issues.

i found some 4G modems in AliExpress, but not sure if it's compatible with win 11.

i used genuine windows 11 pro.

any other suggestions?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
yes, that is a good idea too, but i prefer modems, a specific device for pc.

do you think i can find 4g modem that well work on win 11 on AliExpress?
Probably, of course that means purchasing service to support the device. If that is okay, I would suggest you see what your wireless carrier offers. This will also address any possible compatibility concerns with the wireless carrier.

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-4g-lte-dongle.html

I don't think Win 11 compatibility will be much of a concern, even if not specifically listed.

Reactions: Hola001
The problem you have is not so much windows compatibility but ISP compatibility.

Your very first issue is the device must function on the correct radio frequencies. The device must match the carriers tower frequencies. If you are not careful you might get one that runs but will not support that carriers fastest radios.

Next you have to be sure the ISP will activate the device. Many times even if you have device that will technically function the ISP may still block it. I know a lot of huawei stuff is not allowed in the USA for example.

Your best option is to contact the ISP. They likely have a number of devices you can get from them. Many times they are not much difference in price and some you can get for basically free with certain plans.

Reactions: Hola001