[SOLVED] 4g router and Ethernet

三n_- 9

Commendable
May 14, 2019
I basically live out in the middle of nowhere but I have good coverage for 4g (not as good as the city) but average download speed because of coverage still better than any lines connection I’d get and actually surprisingly decent upload compared to urban lined connection, but recently I’ve been dealing with what I believe to be constant packet loss where it really makes FPS unplayable for the most part and it seems to be outside of the house, would getting a Ethernet running from the router to the pc help stabilise the connection and reduce packet loss resulting in smoother more playable gameplay?

Solution
There is massive amounts of fake cable on amazon. It is so hard to find cables with all the scammers selling crap.

Used to be you could look for eia/tia certified but a number of china based companies sold cable with that printed on it but it was CCA cable. That immediately disqualifies it since the standard says pure copper. So there is no way they were ever certified even though they printed it on the cable.

This is the same for any flat cable. The wire size is too small and it automatically makes it in violation of the standards.

Not sure it looks to be copper cable. Be nice if they gave the wire size. It does not matter as much at shorter lengths.

You can never trust reviews much on amazon when you get mostly crap...

Lutfij

Titan
I think it could be the router or your ISP but given how cheap a length of Ethernet cable is, I think that would be worth trying out and see if that improves your experience. You forgot to mention the make and model of your 4G router.

三n_- 9

Commendable
May 14, 2019
My bad Tp link TL-MR6400 is the router with a sim from the isp I can get I think like 70mbps but roughly 30 average because of coverage, was looking at a cat-7 one like £10 for 10M which I think is more than enough I did have a tp-link WiFi booster but honestly I’m sure it has turned out worse or no better but I’ll give the Ethernet a try straight to the two devices

Don't wast your money on cat7 cable. You only need cat5e to run 1gbit. Cat6a cable is used if you have 10g ports. Cat7 was never finalized and does not run faster than cat6a.
The port controls the speed not the cable. The data can not go faster than the port so you need no better than cat5e.

Be careful though there is lots of fake cable on the market. You want pure copper (no cca) with wire size 22-24, so no flat or thin cable.
........just looked your router up it only has 100m ports so even cat5e is over kill but you can't find lower cable.

三n_- 9

Commendable
May 14, 2019
Don't wast your money on cat7 cable. You only need cat5e to run 1gbit. Cat6a cable is used if you have 10g ports. Cat7 was never finalized and does not run faster than cat6a.
The port controls the speed not the cable. The data can not go faster than the port so you need no better than cat5e.

Be careful though there is lots of fake cable on the market. You want pure copper (no cca) with wire size 22-24, so no flat or thin cable.
........just looked your router up it only has 100m ports so even cat5e is over kill but you can't find lower cable.
Was only gonna be like a £2 pound difference but the cat7 one I looked at was a flat cable and had really good reviews but I did see this one if u think it seems alright

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CSL-Ethern...aWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

There is massive amounts of fake cable on amazon. It is so hard to find cables with all the scammers selling crap.

Used to be you could look for eia/tia certified but a number of china based companies sold cable with that printed on it but it was CCA cable. That immediately disqualifies it since the standard says pure copper. So there is no way they were ever certified even though they printed it on the cable.

This is the same for any flat cable. The wire size is too small and it automatically makes it in violation of the standards.

Not sure it looks to be copper cable. Be nice if they gave the wire size. It does not matter as much at shorter lengths.

You can never trust reviews much on amazon when you get mostly crap like "works good for me".

Solution

TRENDING THREADS