Question 4G Sim Router wireless problems Tenda N300 4G03

Jul 21, 2022
Tenda WiFi router using Three unlimited sim.
Stopped working - No wifi
inserted three sim from my phone into Tenda and it works perfectly
inserted three sim from Tenda into my phone and phone works perfectly ( signal / internet etc )
Re-insert three sim from phone back into Tenda and it doesn't work.
This is a umlimited sim i bought specificaly for the 4G wireless router - been working fine since i got it but now stopped working.
Cant work out why ?

Jul 21, 2022
Tenda N300 Wi-Fi 4G LTE Router 4G03

I have inserted and reinserted re-booted and tried another Sim ( which works fine )
I get the power light on and the Wi-Fi Led indicator on -
I am begining to think that its the SIM - but it works fine in my anodroid phone

A sim is more of a security device than anything else. It for example does not contain the actual radio transmitters so even though you can put a sim from pretty much any vendor into any cell phone if the cell phone does not have the radios your provider uses it will not work. This is kinda the scam with so called "unlocked" phones.

The next issue is many times the abilities you can use are limited by the account the sim is tied to. The ISP can for example not allow tethering even though it uses the same sim and phone but it depends how much money you give them.

Is the sim that you say you purchased for the router on a plan from your provider that is designed for a router. Many people try to get tricky and buy a unlimited cell phone data plan and then put those sims into routers and dongles. It is very rare to get a unlimited data plan on a device like a router for cheap. The provider knows very well that a phone just does not have the cpu or video to consume large amounts of data where you can easily hook a pc to a router and download some 60gbyte game. So they can pretend you have unlimited because the phone itself will be the limit.

You provider may have detected that you put the sim in a device that does not match your plan.

Hard to say your provider will likely give a replacement sim or sell it to you for very cheap. If you think the sim is somehow defective that will be the easy thing to try. If you are trying to be tricky don't expect the provider to help you much.