Question 4gb 1600 Mhz or 8gb 1333 Mhz on a laptop. (need help asap please)

Mar 2, 2021
I still use the default ram config that my laptop came with. Its a 4gb 1600 Mhz single stick.

I use a lot of Photoshop and multi tasking on this laptop (Chrome tabs, Java IDE, SceneBuilder for java, Discord) constantly. Most of the time my
laptop has about 90%+ RAM usage and applications keep freezing and stops responding.

I figured a new RAM stick would help and I don't have the money to afford a new stick of matching spec.

Best I can afford at the moment is a 4gb 1333 Mhz stick.

I know both sticks would run at 1333 Mhz if I put it in, but I have no idea on how it will affect my workflow.

Please help me guys I'm in the middle of a crisis !

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Before we can suggest what ram or capacity of ram you can go for, we first need to know the make and model of your laptop as well as it's SKU. Some laptop's have soldered on memory while some have a limit to what sort of ram you can upgrade to.

So, if you will, make and model of your laptop and it's SKU? Also use CPU-Z to take a screenshot of what ram you're using, using the SPD and memory tabs. A picture of the sticker on the side of the ram you're currently working on would also help us two fold.

TRENDING THREADS