4GB of my RAM is "Driver Locked"?

EricJohn2004

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I have 16GB of RAM, I usually have about 14GB free RAM. But today I noticed that I only had 10GB of free RAM. So I downloaded a RAM program, and it say that 4GB of my RAM is "Driver Locked".

What the hell happened?

This is what I was doing before this happened......

I have a 1TB Seagate SSHD as my Data drive, but I accidentally made it a Dynamic Disk about a month ago. Today, I backed it up, then deleted the whole drive, re-made it a Basic Disk, and re-installed Steam and Origin onto the drive, as well as copy my other data to it. After I did this I noticed my system is now using 4 extra GB of memory.

Anyone know what this is? And how to fix it?

Edit: I JUST found someone online saying that the program "FancyCache" did this. I also have the program "FancyCache". But I haven't used it in months, so it seems a little odd this is just happening. Anyways he said he used something called "Autorun" to find which driver it was.

Anyone has any idea how to do this? Or how to stop that?

Solution
I figured it out guys, even though no one had enough time to answer, I'll post a solution.

Fancy Cache WAS the problem. Apparently, even if you do not use Fancy Cache, and just have it hidden somewhere on your PC doing nothing, months later it's going to hijack 4GB of your RAM. Or probably however much you DID use as a cache when you used it.

So if this has happened to you, just do this..... Locate your main copy of Fancy Cache and uninstall it, it'll tell you to restart your PC after you've uninstalled it. Before that, delete any other copy's of Fancy Cache you might have(I had multiple copy's on different drives), then restart your PC and you should have your RAM back!

EricJohn2004

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I figured it out guys, even though no one had enough time to answer, I'll post a solution.

Fancy Cache WAS the problem. Apparently, even if you do not use Fancy Cache, and just have it hidden somewhere on your PC doing nothing, months later it's going to hijack 4GB of your RAM. Or probably however much you DID use as a cache when you used it.

So if this has happened to you, just do this..... Locate your main copy of Fancy Cache and uninstall it, it'll tell you to restart your PC after you've uninstalled it. Before that, delete any other copy's of Fancy Cache you might have(I had multiple copy's on different drives), then restart your PC and you should have your RAM back!

Solution