Question 4GB RAM is "hardware reserved" after update on Windows 10 ?

Nov 13, 2020
task manager img

so after i update my windows 10 (microsoft edge update), everything feels a lil bit laggy , i first realize it when i started playing assassin creed, it stutters alot then i try to check it on my task manager , it shows that my memory is only 4gb available BUT both of ram is detected 2x4gb. and then i notice that the hardware reserved took half of my ram....anyone know how to fix this?
ps : i have tried several ways on youtube 1. mscofig 2.regedit

pc detail :
motherboard asrock b450 pro4
ryzen 5 2600
vgen tsunami 2x4 2400mhz
asus rog strix gtx 1060-6gb
Lux 550w 80+ bronze
SSD xpg adata 120gb nvme

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which version of Windows 10 are you currently on? We're on 20H2. Also, prior to performing an OS update, you should make sure you've got the latest BIOS update.

What have you tried thus far, using YT? I'd honestly look at a better quality PSU and some rams that can do DDR4-3200MHz to bring the best out of your platform.

Nov 13, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which version of Windows 10 are you currently on? We're on 20H2. Also, prior to performing an OS update, you should make sure you've got the latest BIOS update.

What have you tried thus far, using YT? I'd honestly look at a better quality PSU and some rams that can do DDR4-3200MHz to bring the best out of your platform.

my windows version is... 1909 (?) im not sure..
i have updated my bios from... 1.80 (i guess) to 3.40 since the 3.50 dont suport pinnacle anymore ( my ryzen 2600 )

yeah i saerch on youtube "hardware reserved memory fix" then i watched several videos that almost all of them talk about changing the regedit on memory blablabla and the second is goto msconfig then uncheck the maximum memory. i have tried both and it didnt fix the issue :(....
ahhh for the psu , im run out of budget so i choose lux 550w 80+ bronze ( the owner of the store said if itis 80+ bronze , its good already so yeah i trusted him )
about the ram i dont really know about the frequency stuff i just know DDR4 . so i choose the cheapsest that i could get hehe.

TRENDING THREADS