LINADIA

Prominent
Oct 2, 2020
Hello once again, troubles with my pc just wouldn't end.

I switched gpu yesterday and reset cmos, because I had issues with booting.

After successful booting I have noticed that my RAM is showing 4gb, instead of 8gb, how it used to be.
Task manager says: 2 out of 4 slots used, 4gb reserved.
In CPUID it also says I have 8gb of RAM.

I have no idea what happened. I heard that I need to do something with bios but I'm yet to figure out what.

I have tried out:​
1) MSCONFIG - in boot tab with advanced settings the box with Maximum Memory is unchecked​
2) REGEDIT - I've set value from 0 to 1 in ClearPageFileAtShutdown (Memory management tab)​
3) Trying to switch RAM sticks around.​
(Right before I switched GPU they were sitting the same, but I had 8GB, I didn't touch them!!!!)

My parts:
CPU: amd 6300fx
PSU: be quiet! system power 9 700W
GPU: Winforce GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660
SSD Kingston 120gb + Windows 10 64bit
HDD WD 1TB
RAM kingston 4gb x 2 (Twin sticks, compatible with the motherboard, they were working yesterday)
Motherboard Gigabyte ga-970a-ds3
cpu fan Aerocool CORE PLUS

Thanks for any help in advance.
・゜(。┰ω┰。).・゜

Solution
Have you tried booting with only 1 stick at the time to check both of them are working?

In fact I would just boot up with 1 stick of RAM, load into Windows and then shutdown the PC. After that add the second stick of RAM and get into Windows and see if you can now see the whole 8GB or capacity.
Have you tried booting with only 1 stick at the time to check both of them are working?

In fact I would just boot up with 1 stick of RAM, load into Windows and then shutdown the PC. After that add the second stick of RAM and get into Windows and see if you can now see the whole 8GB or capacity.

Solution

LINADIA

Prominent
Oct 2, 2020

Yup they are both working, but the second one is just being reserved for some reason.
I had this issue quite a while ago, same story with RAM being reserved.
I remember I fixed it somehow but I had a different motherboard and bios