[SOLVED] 4gb Vram Future Proof for 1080p?

Jul 7, 2018
So I currently have the RX580 but the 4gb version.
Right now that's perfectly fine especially paired with 16gb ram but future wise is 4gb enough for High/ultra setting for about another year and a half to 2 years you think?

Solution
I have this exact card, but currently 8gb ram (16gb kit on the way though)
And I play pretty graphic intensive games Battlefront 2, Witcher 3, Wolfenstein 2 ect, runs all of them really well on high or ultra with the extra ram I can only imagine it'll run really well for a while. Least with the games announced so far this year.

The only game I've had any Vram issues at all was on Wolfenstein 2 the highest setting (has some german name) it gave me a message about low on video memory and may cause some stuttering. However it still ran it super well. I bumped it down one just in case though.

I'm sure in about a year or so especially if new consoles drop soon and specs start boosting you'll want to consider updating to 8gb.
BF V/BF1, COD WW2, BO4 all use upward of 3gb at 1080p 60hz. More games are going that way, some already can dynamically use more vram if the cards have it (Titanfall 2) as an example. 4gb may not hamper you right now, but will more and more. A year or two would be on the long end, before you have dial back settings a little.

Dec 6, 2018
I have this exact card, but currently 8gb ram (16gb kit on the way though)
And I play pretty graphic intensive games Battlefront 2, Witcher 3, Wolfenstein 2 ect, runs all of them really well on high or ultra with the extra ram I can only imagine it'll run really well for a while. Least with the games announced so far this year.

The only game I've had any Vram issues at all was on Wolfenstein 2 the highest setting (has some german name) it gave me a message about low on video memory and may cause some stuttering. However it still ran it super well. I bumped it down one just in case though.

I'm sure in about a year or so especially if new consoles drop soon and specs start boosting you'll want to consider updating to 8gb.

Solution