[SOLVED] 4K/1080p Multi monitors with My Video Card?

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hi,

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC with Boost 3GB DDR5 on my Windows PC - currently Win 8 - but will upgrade to Win 10 very soon!
I would like to know what options and/or combinations I can utilise with different PC Monitors and my 55" Sony Bravia 4KTV?

eg 3x 4K but at what refresh rate and Hz etc etc? or other combos? Just 2 Monitors 4K? 2 Monitors 4K + 4KTV, 1 1080p Monitors + 4KTV, 1 4K Monitor + 4KTV etc? all different Refresh/hz mixes?

I will probably connect my 4K TV and all other monitors via cable not wireless. Unless I just use the 4KTV occasionally with the 4K Chromecast in the 4KTV?

My main reason will be to make it easier to do Recording/Mixing Audio/MIDI with things like Ableton Live, Pro Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, Adobe Auditions - stuff like that.

I want to maybe get a second Monitor and/or Use my 4KTV (esp keen to try it when doing the Multitrack stuff)

Two monitors on my desk might be ok, and the I can move the TV to be across the room - it's pretty big in a small room.

My monitor now is 24" and only 1080p - may go slightly bigger for a second but not much.
Can you notice the difference between 1080p/4K at that size? And what are the max/best specs of new technology standards/types you can get nowdays for monitors?
eg - 120hz, 5ms, I assume stuff like on my new TV - eg HDR, 10 bit colour, and new things I don't know about etc???
I'm way out of the loop?

Thank you for your help

Solution
First, don't bother with eyefinity. For that they all need to be the same size and I the desk. You can use extend monitor and make all three work. Two on your desk, tv as the third on the wall or where it fits. You can drag windows around and work that way. You'll need to use the display ports to do this. I had three monitors on my 7950, worked great.

4745454b

Titan
First, don't bother with eyefinity. For that they all need to be the same size and I the desk. You can use extend monitor and make all three work. Two on your desk, tv as the third on the wall or where it fits. You can drag windows around and work that way. You'll need to use the display ports to do this. I had three monitors on my 7950, worked great.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS