[SOLVED] 4k@120hz + HDR in Nvidia 2060 Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2020
Hi!,

As you probably know, all of the Nvidia Graphic Card mount currently mount a 2.0b hdmi output. That's is not enough to get 4k@120hz + HDR4k@120hz + HDR in my LG CX but I have seen some solutions linked to the chroma subsampling, reducing the 4:4:4 to 4:2:2 or 4:2:0.
I would test it by myself, but I'm not able to find anyway to play with these values inside the nvidia control panel.
So, is there a way to do that? Also, If everyone has tested before, it will work?

Solution
I am not sure about the CX but my C9 natively supports 1440p up to 120Hz. I will clarify it’s not the native resolution of the screen but LG list it as natively ‘supported’. The point being I can run 1440p 99/100Hz over HDMI using my laptop with an RTX2060 and the TV does an excellent job of upscaling to the native 4K resolution. Maybe this is an option to look into.
Seeing as how there is very little chance of you being able to play just about anything at 4k 120 fps with a 2060 Super, I don't see the point. 4K 60 fps (which is supported by HDMI 2.0) is going to be very difficult for you to achieve as it is.

I am not sure about the CX but my C9 natively supports 1440p up to 120Hz. I will clarify it’s not the native resolution of the screen but LG list it as natively ‘supported’. The point being I can run 1440p 99/100Hz over HDMI using my laptop with an RTX2060 and the TV does an excellent job of upscaling to the native 4K resolution. Maybe this is an option to look into.

Solution
Sep 2, 2020
Seeing as how there is very little chance of you being able to play just about anything at 4k 120 fps with a 2060 Super, I don't see the point. 4K 60 fps (which is supported by HDMI 2.0) is going to be very difficult for you to achieve as it is.

Does not make any sense and also is not what I'm asking. The world is not made by AAA suboptimized games, you know?
And I'm asking because obviusly I reaching the limit and I need to play with the resolution in order to get 120fps (now, specifically in hollow knigh), so please, stick to the question next times.

Actually, I didn't think in the posibility of upscale the image using the LG stuff (the TV I mean), but indeed it could be a good solution if nothing more works, thank you. I'm sure if it works in your case with a C9, it will work with a CX because is almost the same device.

Status
Not open for further replies.