Question 4K@60Hz HDMI Hub Questions and Suggestions Needed on Universal Remotes

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I am considering purchasing this 4K HDMI hub for my TV (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083NWKPX...colid=TLWWLRVQOS68&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it ). I have some general questions about this hub before I make a purchase. I have found it to be both a pain and time consuming with my LG TV to have to go to each individual HDMI port menu to adjust the picture settings to my desired specifications. I will also replace my sound bar from one which uses a digital optical cable to one that uses an HDMI ARC cable. Unfortunately the HDMI ARC port on the TV was one of the HDMI ports where I had modified the picture settings. I have therefore concluded that a 4K HDMI hub may be a better option where I just use one HDMI port on my TV to make the desired picture adjustments and route my Roku, 4K disc Player, and any other possible HDMI compatible device through it to the TV.

My questions about the hub are as followed. I have made picture adjustments on my 4K disc player such as 24p playback. The TV native refresh rate is 120 Hz. The cables that connect the TV to my Roku and 4K disc player are rated as 4K @ 60 Hz. Will the hub impact the picture quality or playback between the TV, Roku and 4K disc player if the hub's input and output HDMI ports use the same HDMI cables that were mentioned? Will the Hub impact the Roku remote that I use to operate both the Roku player and TV? Will the hub impact communication between the TV and 4K disc player if both are from the same manufacturer and I wish to control them using either the TV or disc player remotes?

In addition, I am considering a universal remote. I am not looking for super cheap or overkill. I am looking for a reasonably priced remote that is compatible with my LG TV, Samsung Soundbar, and Sony 4K disc player.

Both the 4K hub and universal remote technologies are new to me so I would appreciate assistance on these topics.

Thanks.

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I am looking for a 4K HDMI Switcher. My reason is not because of limited HDMI ports, but because my TV only allows me to make picture adjustment settings on individual HDMI ports instead of allowing me to apply my custom settings to all of the ports at once. It is very time consuming and I figure I may be better off with a 4K Switcher. My TV is 55 inches, with a native 120 Hz display with both HDR and Dolby Vision Capability. If it helps, my 4K disc player has a few picture adjustments, mainly the application of 24p playback and offers both HDR and Dolby Vision capability. My HDMI cables are all rated 4K at 60Hz. I figure a switcher with four HDMI input ports would be sufficient. Right now I intend to connect a 4K disc player and my Roku to the switcher that I choose. This is a new technology for me so I am not very familiar with it. I am trying to avoid going cheap and overpaying. I would appreciate your recommendations on 4K switchers that you think would meet my needs.

Thanks.