[SOLVED] 4k@60hz on MSI GE72 6QD with Intel 530 and GTX 960M

Aug 4, 2021
I cannot select 3840x2160@60hz as the resolution for an external TV. I have tried the TV with a newer computer and the TV and the wire support that resolution. According to Intel, my graphic card supports the resolution also. On the specs of my computer 4k@60hz NOT available. Is there something I can do?

Solution
I cannot select 3840x2160@60hz as the resolution for an external TV. I have tried the TV with a newer computer and the TV and the wire support that resolution. According to Intel, my graphic card supports the resolution also. On the specs of my computer 4k@60hz NOT available. Is there something I can do?
The MSI specifications -- https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE72-6QD-Apache-Pro/Specification explicitly say 4K at 30HZ for the HDMI port
The mini-displayport is version 1.2. You should be able to use the displayport for 4K 60hz

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working off of? Might want to source the latest drivers for both the onboard(Intel) and the discrete(Nvidia) and have it on your desktop space. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers then reboot, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

On second thoughts, make and model of your motherboard? Processor model and your PSU make and model as well as it's age? BIOS version for your motherboard?

Reactions: Adrunodro

kanewolf

Titan
The MSI specifications -- https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE72-6QD-Apache-Pro/Specification explicitly say 4K at 30HZ for the HDMI port
The mini-displayport is version 1.2. You should be able to use the displayport for 4K 60hz

Reactions: Adrunodro
Solution

Latest posts