[SOLVED] 4K Gaming Monitor Suggestions

awbruso

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2015
Hello, I've been gaming on a 2K monitor (Acer Predator XB271HU) for years and have been very happy. However, I've recently upgraded from a 1080ti to an RTX 3090 and I want to make the leap to 4K Gaming. I was shooting for the $1000 range, but I'm not opposed to spending more/less. I'm also considering consolidating from 3 x 27" monitors to one bigger 4K monitor, but that all depends on the advice I get. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the many different options and connection types. Is HDMI 2.1 a necessity, as it seems many monitors still don't have those ports. I do NOT play console games at all, strictly PC. And I hardly ever watch movies. Thanks for any suggestions!

Solution
there have been quite a few nicer 32" 4K monitors released this past year.
when searching just sort by customer rating and read through many of those for all pros & cons and compare.

i would also be looking into the LG CX/BX series televisions.
they are very nice for high resolution/high refresh rate gaming.

HDMI 2.1 or DisplayPort will be a necessity for 4K over 60Hz.
for a display like the LG TVs mentioned you will need HDMI 2.1 though due to no DP ports available.
there have been quite a few nicer 32" 4K monitors released this past year.
when searching just sort by customer rating and read through many of those for all pros & cons and compare.

i would also be looking into the LG CX/BX series televisions.
they are very nice for high resolution/high refresh rate gaming.

HDMI 2.1 or DisplayPort will be a necessity for 4K over 60Hz.
for a display like the LG TVs mentioned you will need HDMI 2.1 though due to no DP ports available.

Last edited:
Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello, I've been gaming on a 2K monitor (Acer Predator XB271HU) for years and have been very happy. However, I've recently upgraded from a 1080ti to an RTX 3090 and I want to make the leap to 4K Gaming. I was shooting for the $1000 range, but I'm not opposed to spending more/less. I'm also considering consolidating from 3 x 27" monitors to one bigger 4K monitor, but that all depends on the advice I get. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the many different options and connection types. Is HDMI 2.1 a necessity, as it seems many monitors still don't have those ports. I do NOT play console games at all, strictly PC. And I hardly ever watch movies. Thanks for any suggestions!
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-4k-gaming-monitors-pc-144hz,6023.html

Look at all of it they get into big screens. curved etc....